Headers (all) Hidden

wespe

Today for the first time I got a piece of spam in which the headers, all of them, were hidden. By clicking and dragging over the place where they should have been, I could get them to reveal themselves, but they would not allow copying.

I worked around the problem by hitting forward. Then they all appeared, they could be copied, and thus they could be reported.

Is this something new or am I just living at the end of the earth?

BTW: I stil have a copy of the e-mail for one of my alpha geek friends to analyze. I will be glad to send anyone interested a copy.

:o

I have seen this when I monitor other accounts in Lotus Notes. I have never seen it in my own account, so was under the impression it was some sort of security the sender was setting. I can view the settings and report manually if I wish, but have never spent the time to do so.

I have never found a way to get the setings out of Lotus Notes directly, but then I don't get many this way (maybe 6 in the last year).

wespe sent me a copy of the email. It contains the following in the header:

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="ACCC21D66_DBA._32.1."

After two blank lines is another line

Content-Type: text/html;
followed by two more blank lines and what appears to be the text portion of the HTML advertising HGH, Diet Patch, and various prescription drugs and herbal products, with no discernable links or phone number.

It appears that wespe's Eudora Pro 5.2 is rendering the HTML for wespe, making it difficult for wespe to accurately report. I suggest that wespe review http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/20.html and let us know whether or not that helps with this situation.

Archived