Everything is Now F'd up

byrrep

I have been forwarding my spam to my authorized SC adddress for 3 years now and suddenly today I get daemon message that that addy is no good anymore, plus a bunch of other BS, including other addy's that are incompatible with WebTV. Well, I immediately re-registered with SC (I had to jump thru abuncha hoops) and now all I get is more hoops I gotta jump through. A few hoops later I find myself here. What ever the hell happened to to the SC NG's? What the Hell is THIS PLACE? Someone please respond and console me out of this Internet Hell at kiki[at]myrealbox.com because this is really effed up. Well, I am going to C/P this because it is gonna get poofed.

- Lou

Hi Lou,

Doesn't sound like you'll be back (and this will, no doubt, be moved to a more appropriate forum soon whether or not you do return) but yeah, there are answers here, even if you don't have the time to find them. So, if you do wander back, you might have a look at: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=33154

Save your blood pressure and work up from about the bottom of the first page :)

The NGs are there, just follow from the links about a screen down from the top of http://www.spamcop.net/help.shtml

In the event you don't come by, hopefully "someone" will contact you via whatever it is you asked "us" to do ("we" are just users, like you, perhaps a fraction less excitable).

Lou, please forward the daemon message (and any other bounces or error messages you got as a result of forwarding to your submit address) with headers to service[at]admin.spamcop.net. You may have to do that from WebTV if it doesn't work from MyRealBox, or from MyRealBox if it doesn't work from WebTV.

Also, if you are still experiencing problems using the SpamCop newsgroups from WebTV, please email support[at]spamcop.net and contact WebTV support personnel with any error messages or details on missing data.

Thanks!

I have been forwarding my spam to my authorized SC adddress for 3 years now and suddenly today I get daemon message that that addy is no good anymore, plus a bunch of other BS, including other addy's that are incompatible with WebTV.
If you can, take a look at http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamstats ...newsgroup traffic this morning had some folks complaining about errors that indicated that the database was hosed. The graphic shows that the Parsing & Reporting system(s) have been up and down a lot this morning.

Well, I immediately re-registered with SC (I had to jump thru abuncha hoops) and now all I get is more hoops I gotta jump through.

And with database problems in existence, jumping in and trying to force something to cause some re-write of new data ... well, not really a good idea. Hard to say what condition your account may be in when the IronPort folks get things resolved this time. Your original account may still exist, your 'new' account may be active, or ... you may have to start all over again ...???

A few hoops later I find myself here. What ever the hell happened to to the SC NG's?

That's hard to say from this side of the screen for a webTV user. The spamcop.net newsgroups are still in place. However, there was a bit of a cross-over feed set up that created a bit of a 'mirror' such that webTV folks could see/use/post in them. However, there came a time when some idiot decided to use the webTV feed to inject his spew into that feed. There was some dialog between JT and the folks providing that webTV feed. That's about all I know about it, other than noting the problem individual hasn't made a visible post in a while.

What the Hell is THIS PLACE? Someone please respond and console me out of this Internet Hell at kiki[at]myrealbox.com because this is really effed up. Well, I am going to C/P this because it is gonna get poofed.

33943[/snapback]

Had you taken a few minutes to look around, most of your general questions would have been answered. The fact that you first posted into the "How To Use ..." System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option SpamCop Forum sub-section .... well, that suggests that not that much time was spent looking around, assumedly based on the other issues getting you excited ... but it's not like this Forum magically appeared 10 seconds before you 'arrived' .... At issue is why would some "need" to contact you, much less, actually say what in that contact .... data is here, the spamcop newsgroups still exists .... and when the Parsing and Reporting system settles down, perhaps your original reporting account will still exist????

isn't it, I still have problems, during reporting I keep being asked for password, a bit annoying...

34027[/snapback]

Which reporting site are you using, www, members, or mailsc? If you have a choice of login method, are you using cookies or simple HTTP authentication? Have you tried switching login method (if available) or site? Thanks!

the mailsc site login is still having problems....I hadn't had any problems with it until just now

To be more specific...the system isn't cooperating with remembering who I am, and yes, I know that this is a known issue....which is still happening TWO DAYS after the initial announcements. Hope someone gets a clue pretty soon...

DT

Which reporting site are you using, www, members, or mailsc?  If you have a choice of login method, are you using cookies or simple HTTP authentication?  Have you tried switching login method (if available) or site?  Thanks!

34059[/snapback]

I just tried www and mailsc with both login choices and all 4 combinations failed. Earlier today I have used both the cookie login to www and the HTML login to mailsc without problems (as I usually do).

It appears at least those 2 systems have problems at the same time. I would assume the members would as well.

Archived