Can Not Report Via www.spamcop.net

turetzsr

...Am I the only one having a problem?

...After pressing Send spam Report(s) Now button:

• With FireFox 1.0.7 (which worked fine as recently as 6:00 pm EDT yesterday): dialog box pops up saying "The document contains no data."
  • With IE 6.0.2900.2180 with SP2:
    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
    Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer
    Upon refresh:
    No data / Too much data
    You are most likely submitting a very large email. Please trim some of the unnecessary data (noting where this has been done) from this posting and try again. SpamCop will no longer accept email larger than 50.0K bytes.
    Other possibilities: You may have a firewall which prevents HTTP POST commands, you may have linked to the wrong URL or your browser does not handle binary submissions correctly (try a different browser)

...Problem is repeatable and occurs with both tracking URLs I have tried: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z815183855z8d...336b20e488adaez and http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z815183857z12...c5edbe5b26f01az.

...Am I the only one having a problem?

...After pressing Send spam Report(s) Now button

34127[/snapback]

Sorry, I just cancelled those reports thinking you were having trouble getting to the reports and not wanting someone to report them for you. :(

Since the problem with forwarding from spamcop, I have reverted to quick reporting the little spam I currently get but will try when I do see one to replicate your problem.

Sorry, I just cancelled those reports thinking you were having trouble getting to the reports and not wanting someone to report them for you.  :(

<snip>

34131[/snapback]

...Oops! Thanks.

...Another tracking URL sent to StevenUnderwood via PM.

...Oops! Thanks.

...Another tracking URL sent to StevenUnderwood via PM.

34133[/snapback]

And that one worked for me with no problem:

spam report id 1529148571 sent to: abuse[at]proxad.net

Is this happening on every one of your reports, or only select ones?

One thing: Is your Content-Type: header always toward the top like that? It may not be wrong, but may point to some change in the handling of the messages on your end?

And that one worked for me with no problem:

34135[/snapback]

...Rats!
<snip>Is this happening on every one of your reports, or only select ones?

34135[/snapback]

...Every report that I've tried (four of them, which I submitted via e-mail, and one that I tried to enter via the form).
One thing:  Is your Content-Type: header always toward the top like that?  It may not be wrong, but may point to some change in the handling of the messages on your end?

34135[/snapback]

...Don't know. I'm submitting these as e-mail attachments, as I always have.

...Guess I'll have to try the "Help Desk" solution -- reboot! :( <frown>

...Rats!...Every report that I've tried (four of them, which I submitted via e-mail, and one that I tried to enter via the form)....Don't know. I'm submitting these as e-mail attachments, as I always have.

...Guess I'll have to try the "Help Desk" solution -- reboot!  :( <frown>

34138[/snapback]

And as promised, I just submitted a spam received at my spamcop address and full reported via VER and was able to send the reports without problem.

Good luck

<snip>

...Guess I'll have to try the "Help Desk" solution -- reboot!  :( <frown>

34138[/snapback]

I usually suggest restarting one's browser as an interim step before resorting to a reboot of the whole system.

34140[/snapback]

...Excellent suggestion, Jeff G -- thanks! :) <g>

34141[/snapback]

You're welcome.

34142[/snapback]

...Update:
  • tried launching another instance of FireFox -- same problem. :(
  • tried rebooting -- same problem. :(

...Maybe it will work tomorrow? Not likely but I can hope....

I'm sorry to hear that. At least on my Windows systems, there is no such thing as "another instance of Firefox" - all windows and sessions of Firefox in the same Windows User's Session use the same re-entrant instance of firefox.exe, whereas multiple invocations of Internet Explorer on the same systems invoke multiple instances of iexplore.exe. I like Firefox's model because it saves RAM, but I also like IE's model because individual instances run amok (say by letting my Webmail Held Mail mailbox/Folder or Gmail page automatically refresh and/or process too many times) can be terminated independently. Yes, RAM is definitely on my wish list, as thrashing is painfully slow. :)

<snip>

At least on my Windows systems, there is no such thing as "another instance of Firefox" - all windows and sessions of Firefox in the same Windows User's Session use the same re-entrant instance of firefox.exe,

<snip>

34149[/snapback]

...Oops, should have said new FireFox window (I closed the old one). Not that this would create a new instance but at least to clarify what I did.... :) <g>

<snip>

...Maybe it will work tomorrow? Not likely but I can hope....

34144[/snapback]

...Same problem today. :( Also repeated at two other PCs here. I have escalated to the folks who look after the firewall via one of the local infrastructure managers.

I wish it was happening at a spot other than "after hitting the Submit button" .... I had gone to your first offer Tracking URL and was faced with that dilemna ,, should I hit Send and see what happens ... no, ur,s not my spam .. but how else would I "see" what happens? ... hit the "display full message" link and looked at that for a bit .. came back and saw that someone else had done the "Cancel" bit .. dilemna resolved <g> ...

<snip>

I had gone to your first offer Tracking URL and was faced with that dilemna ,, should I hit Send and see what happens ... no, ur,s not my spam .. but how else would I "see" what happens? ... hit the "display full message" link and looked at that for a bit .. came back and saw that someone else had done the "Cancel" bit .. dilemna resolved <g> ...

34201[/snapback]

...Yep, StevenUnderwood beat you to it! :) <g>
Sorry, I just cancelled those reports thinking you were having trouble getting to the reports and not wanting someone to report them for you.  :(

<snip>

34131[/snapback]

Archived