[Resolved] IP's being listed and no reports being recieved.

rrolfe

We just did an IP change on all of our systems. On the old IP's we used to get spamcop reports like we should, however on the new IP's we don't seem to. This has caused us to be listed twice without a chance to react to the situation.

When I used the "Trace IP" tool on the website it shows our providers email address instead of ours as the "Reporting Addresses". Where is spamcop pulling this information?

If I can find where spamcop is pulling that information then maybe I can get it fixed so we recieve the reports we need to be receiving.

Thanks for your help.

You seemed to have slipped right by the Announcement: [How-to] Post a Question This might also explain that the SpamCop FAQ wasn't looked at, the Forum FAQ wasn't touched .... there are several things involved in the parser decision on where a report might end up (also involving the reporter's decisions and actions) ... Domain registration, size of the IP Block involved, DNS/rDNS records, abuse.net listings, on and on ... but none of this can be looked at to point out issues with the IP addresses in question not being identified .... even if all that data was set-up, correct, valid, and even used by the parser, if the issue boiled down to spamtrap hits, no reports would have arrived then either ... but again, no data provided, no way to do any reseach .... yet another item possibly overlooked is that 99% of support 'here' is by other users. The fact that I (and Moderators) can see your postng IP address doesn't tell us whether there's any connection there to the background of your query.

I was trying to ask in a general fashion, however thats ok.. lets get specific here.

The IP 209.237.74.19 has been blacklisted twice in the last 10 days by spamcop. The IP block 209.237.74.0/24 has been reallocated in the Arin DB to my company for use by our provider. We supply complete and accurate dns/rdns for the IP in question and our email addresses are posted in the Arin db as the contact for the IP.

Now when I check the trace tool at: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=209.237.74.19

it does not show our email addresses as contacts for the ip.

Does anyone know why?

Again.. thanks for any help that anyone provides. I was unable to find the answer to my question in the SC F.A.Q. or by searching the SC site using google.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=209.237.74.19

Parsing input: 209.237.74.19

host 209.237.74.19 = mail.hsservers.com (cached)

Routing details for 209.237.74.19

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 209.237.74.19 : postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net

Using abuse net on postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net

No abuse net record for noanetoregon.net

Using default postmaster contacts postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net

hitting the "refresh" link

Removing old cache entries.

Tracking details

Display data:

"whois 209.237.74.19[at]whois.arin.net" (Getting contact from whois.arin.net )

checking NET-209-237-74-0-1

Display data:

"whois NET-209-237-74-0-1[at]whois.arin.net" (Getting contact from whois.arin.net )

209.237.74.0 - 209.237.75.255:rrolfe[at]genpac.com

whois.arin.net contact: rrolfe[at]genpac.com

checking NET-209-237-64-0-1

Display data:

"whois NET-209-237-64-0-1[at]whois.arin.net" (Getting contact from whois.arin.net )

Using postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net instead of pjain[at]noanetoregon.net

209.237.64.0 - 209.237.95.255:postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net

whois.arin.net contact: postmaster[at]noanetoregon.net

Using smaller IP block (/ 23 vs. / 19 )

Removing 1 larger (> / 23 ) route(s) from cache

Using last resort contacts rrolfe[at]genpac.com

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=209.237.74.19 now shows;

Parsing input: 209.237.74.19

host 209.237.74.19 = mail.hsservers.com (cached)

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 209.237.74.19 : rrolfe[at]genpac.com

Using last resort contacts rrolfe[at]genpac.com

Is this the same rrolfe? <g>

BTW: there are (unfortunately) various versions of the SpamCop.net FAQ ... please see What is SpamCop?

yeah thats me.. and exactly what I wanted to do.

Thank you very much for fixing it.

Now it looks like all you did was "refresh" the data on the page, but when I refreshed the data 2-3 times before posting (just clicking refresh in the browser) it didn't do it. Am I missing something here?

yeah thats me.. and exactly what I wanted to do. 

Thank you very much for fixing it.

Now it looks like all you did was "refresh" the data on the page, but when I refreshed the data 2-3 times before posting (just clicking refresh in the browser) it didn't do it.  Am I missing something here?

34414[/snapback]

[refresh/show] - about the middle of that display ..

Thanks for the additional data, the feedback, and that general sensation that things are good <g> Marking this one as Resolved.

Archived