Any idea why Im black listed?

danbar

Hey, I heard that!

34804[/snapback]

Heh heh. The potential for irony did occur to me. To dispel any inference it was intended -

SpamCop's fora and NGs can point to a history of rapid, informed and peer-reviewed assistance and advice for those in need - from admin, moderators, staff and fellow users. At the same time, there is the continual refinement and extension of up-to-the-moment FAQs to vastly improve the facility for self-help. The mutual support and purpose of the user group is perfectly illustrated by the fact that the great majority of this work is willingly undertaken by volunteer users, to some detriment to the other demands on their time, energy and resources.

Taken together with a record of both service and technical improvements inspired or brought forward in the development cycle through the discovery, documentation and request of past posters, SpamCop can confidently dispel any criticism of the discussions in these venues as being ineffectual. SpamCop recognizes the need to remain open to the expressed needs of its userbase as being essential to its success. In addition to its planned development and contingency planning, SpamCop remains committed to support the ability of its user base to provide continuing feedback and needs identification to staff and the user group as a whole.

Only by taking these opportunities to review functionality and effectiveness can the inter-locking services of SpamCop continue to provide the spam control (not just "management") increasingly needed to meet the evolving challenges of internet communication.

A considerably more eloquent version of something like that, in the absence of actual remuneration :rolleyes: belongs on the Certificates of Appreciation for Admin, Moderators, NG conveners and other "serial assisters" from the grateful managements and users of SpamCop. IMO

Email addresses are not listed by spamcop, IP addresses are.  If your friend can provide the IP address that was listed, we might be able to help.

Also, check out the SPAMCOP FAQ linked at the top of the page.  There is a link labeled "Why am I Blocked?" that may help explain it.

34553[/snapback]

spam cop allows people to submit your IP address and block you! They never check to see if the report is genuine or ask for any proof! Ask me I can tell you all about it it has nearly lost me a big client!! I am fumming!!

spam cop allows people to submit your IP address and block you!  They never check to see if the report is genuine or ask for any proof!  Ask me I can tell you all about it it has nearly lost me a big client!!  I am fumming!!

34831[/snapback]

Nick, the SCBL query you entered at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=34827 indicates:

Causes of listing

* System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

* SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

It might suit your state of mind to ignore all other evidence but you have to understand that messages sent to spam traps are not the work of people submitting your IP address. That is something from your IP address being sent where it was never asked to go.

Archived