the one that got away?!

archie

hey guys,

relative newbie here :rolleyes:

was just wondering why it is that some spamvertised sites which appear in the spam i receive manage to get through your parser as "no links found" whereas others (most) do not (i.e. do get parsed and traced)?

and what should i do about this? when i paste nothing but the link into the parser, it gives me a list of abuse reporting email addresses, but not the option to send a spamcop report - i.e. i guess i'd have to do it manually?!

an example one which always gets away is:

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.ddssw2a.com/ghr/">

now, with me not being a coding genius and all, is it something to do with the "_blank" they've put in there?

help...

archie

First of all, it's not really fair to ask a specific question about a specific item that has been taken out of context. There are quite a number of reasons that the SpamCop tool won't report things, so trying to guess at the "real" reason for this one line may not be the truth. Obviously, this snippet looks like it's got something to do with a Frameset, and that's a possible issue, but one would want to know the rest of the "environment" that this snippet lived in. There's also java scri_pt, Context-Type, base-ref, image references, ... on and on ... issues that could have some bearing on giving you the perfectly true answer.

And most definitely, manually reporting things that beg for it is the way to go if the parser doesn't quite cut it the way it seems like it should ... just make sure you do track it down so the complaint is a good one and headed to the right target.

Archived