Virus & being put on the bad list

syaotr

Hello,

I'm new to all this and haven't set up my e-mail through SpamCop yet. I understand so little of it, but trying to digest it all.

My question: I use my domain address as my e-mail address and was attacked daily by 100 or so of the latest viruses going around. I was able to delete them through Mail Washer and when I started doing that, I not only deleted the offending e-mail, I had it bounced and black listed. As a result the volumn grew. Stopped that and just deleted the garbage. And because of bouncing, my e-mail address was sent back to me by Symantic saying my address was sending spam. Because my address has been attacked so much lately, could it be on your black list and as a result, any e-mail I'd receive would all be black listed as having a spam/virus address? I might be sunk before I get started.

Thanks

SpamCop doesn't do "addresses" ... it all works by IP address. So to answer your question, you'll have to come up with your set of numbers ... specificly, what you're looking for is the IP address of the e-mail server that your stuff goes out of ... perhaps the "bad boy notification" has that number alreaduy identified for you?

If so, you can go look for yourself at http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

If you take the time to wade through a few of the other postings in here, you'll find that "bouncing" by Mailwasher is a really bad idea, just for the reason you've discovered. It's one of their advertised "features" and it's utilizied badly, just to be nice about it.

Thanks for the info. I looked up the IP address for my domain and it wasn't listed on spam Cop with the link you sent. Maybe that's good. It did come up with a lot of reported spam from another search...not good. And I didn't even send it. Its a product of an unhappy person who has caused so much trouble I'm wondering if e-mail is even worth it anymore. I hate to change addresses since it is published all over for folks needed help with a certain type of motorhome.

Anyway, I appreciate all your advice and help.. This goes for Jeff also.

Archived