what is wrong here..?

john1000

hope someone cant help on this cause this isnt working...

the story....im reporting spam for the last week using the mail option.

so i send a mail with the header in it and after some minutes i get a returned mail van the spamcop system with this in it.....

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):
http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z324532371z1d734f569e8c4febafb74de3d97a1912z

i was supposed to click on the link in the mail but unfortunate i never did that.

so after some explaining yesterday by miss betsy.....she says...

No, when you get that email and you click on the link, it should give you what you describe *except* that at the bottom there will be those addresses with checkboxes by them. If the box is checked, then spamcop will send a report to that address when you click "send"

but how weird it may sounds....there arent any checkboxes or anything that should give me the chance to ""finish" the reporting.

See below copy of what i get after clicking the link in spamcops mail.....

host dslam219-6-59-81.dyndsl.zonnet.nl (checking ip) = 81.59.6.219
Possible spammer: 81.59.6.219
Received line accepted

Received:  from 4.11.160.56 by 81.59.6.219; Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:36:18 +0600
4.11.160.56 found
host 4.11.160.56 = wbar2.chi1-4-11-160-056.dsl-verizon.net (cached)
host wbar2.chi1-4-11-160-056.dsl-verizon.net (checking ip) = 4.11.160.56
81.59.6.219 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org
81.59.6.219 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org
81.59.6.219 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net ( 127.0.0.10 )
81.59.6.219 is not an MX for amsfep15-int.chello.nl
81.59.6.219 is not an MX for dslam219-6-59-81.dyndsl.zonnet.nl
81.59.6.219 is not an MX for amsfep15-int.chello.nl
Possible spammer: 4.11.160.56
host 81.59.6.219 (checking ip) ip not found; 81.59.6.219 discarded as fake.
Looks like a forgery

Tracking message source: 81.59.6.219:
Routing details for 81.59.6.219
[refresh/show] Cached whois for 81.59.6.219 : abuse[at]zonnet.nl abuse[at]versatel.net
Using abuse net on abuse[at]zonnet.nl
abuse net zonnet.nl = abuse[at]zonnet.nl
Using abuse net on abuse[at]versatel.net
abuse net versatel.net = abuse[at]versatel.net
Using best contacts abuse[at]zonnet.nl abuse[at]versatel.net
81.59.6.219 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org
81.59.6.219 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net ( 127.0.0.10 )
81.59.6.219 not listed in relays.ordb.org.
81.59.6.219 not listed in plus.bondedsender.org
81.59.6.219 not listed in query.bondedsender.org
No body provided, check format of submission

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 81.59.6.219 (Administrator of network where email originates)

abuse[at]versatel.net
abuse[at]zonnet.nl 

Re: 81.59.6.219 (Third party interested in email source)

spamcop[at]imaphost.com 

So thats all....

Now how do i finish this,the only thing on top you cant see is the option to login but im not logged in...thats not needed is it ?

Can someone solve this mistery please...?

A couple things right off the bat. You have just posted your 'secret' code ... you need to log in and get yourself some new data ...

There was a complaint last week that sopmeone noticed that those report e-mails used to send you to members.spamcop.net, but were now sending yout to www.spamcop.net, with the "cookie logon" message ... based on a few other comments, it seems that some strategy is at work at "headquarters" but no one on this side of things knows what's up. So, the first guess I'll make is that the code you just exposed was your original free account identification / address ....

I'm not exactly sure right now how to clear your questions up in conjunction with the exposure of your number. So I'm going to suggest that you drop an e-mail to support at spamcop.net and make mention of both your confusion and that your code has been exposed. Hopefully, someone will get back to you quick as to how to resolve all this.

well thats great but what other choice did i had....?

Miss betsy explained what i should do and even i dont have a f..... clue what you mean by your response either.

Like miss betsy said yesterday ...yes it can be frustrating...!

Frustrating...?

Man i run 3 websites so im not realy that stupid but fighting spam seems to be only for people who went to college..

So now after all messages and postings i still dont know how to finish the spam that i report !

One thing is certain....spamcop is a good ,but as a system it totaly sucks.

any 1,2,3 tutorial around...?

Or is it that we all secretely love spam....?

Funny isnt....i just remembered a part of a comedy i saw some years ago and remembered these lines......"the purpose of a investigation is to find nothing"

Oh well....so now i have to mail spamcop with the question what is wrong...?

Technically, you don't have to do anything. You can take my suggestions and wad them up and do whatever you will. My intent was to try to offer you some help, some suggestions, and a definite remark that you've exposed your account code. Sorry I don't have the answers you need.

I don't see any secret code as having been exposed. The only code that was exposed was a Tracking URL that is not usable for reporting by anyone except the OP anyway.

The telltale symptom is "No body provided, check format of submission" - the fix is to make sure there's at least one blank line between the header and body, or some sort of notification like "spammer sent no body" as the body. This symptom can also occur if someone else looks at the tracking URL, or if the spam has already been reported.

Archived