Graphic & Link added

Wazoo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Custom page built, link changed, let's hope everyone 'here' is happy ...

36084[/snapback]

Not quite - could you please change "Yearly</tr>" to "Yearly</td>" due to a typo that's messing up the display in my Firefox? Thanks!

I swear, it worked last night ... but I can't get all four images to show under FireFox here now ... I did get the 'errors' down to basically 4 'unrecognized' commands (having to edit a number of other supporting files, these 4 being the custom bits for the custom page stuff), but ....

Custom page built, link changed, let's hope everyone 'here' is happy ...

36084[/snapback]

I'm happy. I like the changes. :)

Makes sense to have the image link to "here" since if the users can get to this forum then they will be able to get to the graphs to see the outages. Should help with the confusion "some". (can't do anything for the perpetually confused) :P

blown the last several hours trying to figure out what I could have programmed in wrong, trying hundreds of "fixes" .... perusing web page after web page looking for "the" answer ....

Well, now I know what the problem is, yet ...??? Running an ancient firewall on this system, page would load and display just fine under IE ... FireFox would load the 'page', list the left column of 'descriptions' but only load the 'daily' graphic .... Firewall log shows an "HTTP authorization failure" , but .. not sure how to factor that into wouldn't load three images on this page, no matter what code changes I put in place, no matter how many times I refreshed, etc. etc. etc. ... yet this is the same system that I was using to do all the reseach, so opening up 'new' web pages right and left, on and on ...??? anyway, turn my firewall off on this system and the page displays just fine .... what a waste of time (though did pick up a few tricks to try elsewhere .....)

Makes sense to have the image link to "here" since if the users can get to this forum then they will be able to get to the graphs to see the outages.

With the latest bit of political fallout, it appears that this is the way some other things are going to end up being handled also.

...Sorry... what were you saying?  I'm confused.

;)

36104[/snapback]

...Bad pun ... playing on similarity of words "resent" and "resemble." :) <g>

36106[/snapback]

Oh I know what you were saying, was just continuing the fun, pertending to be confused too. Guess that did come accross. :)

Back on topic: I won't pretend to know all the political stuff going on, but I can guess. We have to remember that we are just users to them and not on thier payrol, and therefor can't be trusted. (***This is my interpetation of the situation and could be completely wrong! (That's a disclaimer, assume I know nothing!)) :)

Wazoo, thanks for the changes.

Looks great to me!!!!!

Sorry you had to fight the firewall problem.

It's crazy how one little thing can drive one in circles until it finally becomes apparent.

This last one a bit surprising .. here I was thinking that perhaps they had some sort of server-load issue figured out, with the last 'drops' only sliding part way down, as if only one of two systems had dropped out, but ... this one was as in the past, total system outage ....

Went through this Topic, did some editing.

Jeff G. .... combined your reports into a bit of 'daily' listings ... i.e., all outages on 5 Nov had your reports merged into the first post for that day, then deleted the repeats.

Turetzer, I also merged a couple of your observations into those same 'daily' posts.

Probable screw-up on me not putting 2 and 2 together ... but ... where I was tracking the version number of the Parser (looking at yet a different issue), whenever I thought about it, it grabbed my attention, whatever .... but wondering a bit ago if any of those updates correlated with the "larger / noticible" downtime periods ... have to remember (and thus posting it publically so someone else may remember to look <g>) to check this little tidbit after the next 'hiccup' .... Some of these may actually be attributed to these "upgrades" .. but of course that would also feed back into the lack of advance notification on these "re-boot" instances .... or someone involved that doesn't seem to think that 20 minutes here and there would bother folks or even be noticed?????

where I was tracking the version number of the Parser (looking at yet a different issue), whenever I thought about it, it grabbed my attention, whatever .... but wondering a bit ago if any of those updates correlated with the "larger / noticible" downtime periods ... have to remember (and thus posting it publically so someone else may remember to look <g>) to check this little tidbit after the next 'hiccup'

36234[/snapback]

OK, current version is "SpamCop v 1.507".

... and then there appeared to be another drop about from 02:35 to 03:07 EST -0500 (about from 07:35 to 08:07 UTC -0000). However, that may be because the data center in or near Atlanta serving JT and his Corporate Email Services and alpha.cesmail.net as well as the following named spamcop.net servers (forum, news, webmail, mail, pop, and imap) had the following issue:

Nov 22, 2005

[03:07 EST] We apologize for the short downtime that just ended. Our system was up and running, but the data center lost internet connectivity. They had a scheduled maintenance window, but the downtime was excessive and we will look into that with them. Everything should be running normally now.

... and then there appeared to be another drop about from 03:55 to 04:00 EST -0500 (about from 08:55 to 09:00 UTC -0000). Still at "SpamCop v 1.507".

Archived