Replace Old www.spamcop.net FAQ

Jeff G.

I have to agree that getting the same FAQ in all the places that a FAQ is referenced would be a great start to clarifying things around here. The one referenced above seems to be an improvement. It is worlds better than the information available on spamcop's pages.

However...

I think Wazoo was saying that Spamcop isn't responsive to suggestions involving changing thier pages. So I don't know how possible the suggestion is.

But I'll second it anyhow. :blink:

-RAnthony

I think Wazoo was saying that Spamcop isn't responsive to suggestions involving changing thier pages.  So I don't know how possible the suggestion is.

35302[/snapback]

I don't want the wrong signals being sent here ... the "not responsive" is a tough call. On one hand, there have been maybe a dozen changes made just in this last week, mostly a bit of wordsmithing, a few links, and even some numbers. On the other hand, some items requested/suggested for changes were turned down, some have not been replied to, some seem to be in some sort of chaos, whether it's me not getting my point across or not yet finding the magic words, I don't know .... there are a couple of items I converted/inserted that I still have to go back in and edit 'here' because the Official FAQ was changed in response to my e-mails, but after I made the call that the change wasn't going to happen .... some I changed when I inserted them, but the Official change went beyond what I'd suggested .... One item spanning three FAQ entries is up to something like a dozen back-and-forth e-mails and I'm still not where I want it/me/them to be ...

Other specific items, for example, links to www.spamcop.net pages that include "form" data/coding .. I asked if I could have access to that background code so that I could convert that code and data to use on a page to be used in the KnowledgeBase thing .. (my thoughts being that this would keep things looking standardized, not jumping from the blie background here to the basically white pages there as another for instance) .. this request was one of those that focused on the Official pages there, not Officially sanctioned 'here' ... so no way ...

Archived