Where to report kornet spam

mrmaxx

Just "FYI" to anyone who needs to file a manual report (say for URLs that SC doesn't pick up or can't resolve) for something that resolves to a Kornet IP, abuse.net has a new email address for Kornet which does NOT appear to bounce (then again, it doesn't seem that they actually do anything either):

abuse[at]abuse.kornet.net is the new address that abuse.net offers for Kornet.net.

Just "FYI" to anyone who needs to file a manual report (say for URLs that SC doesn't pick up or can't resolve) for something that resolves to a Kornet IP, abuse.net has a new email address for Kornet which does NOT appear to bounce (then again, it doesn't seem that they actually do anything either):

abuse[at]abuse.kornet.net is the new address that abuse.net offers for Kornet.net.

35504[/snapback]

I have never had one message back from Kornet admin in 5 yrs of hammering them and most other Korean Service Providers.

KISA is the reporting agency and likewise, their level of enforcement is truly lacking.

I see Spamcop reporting going to KISA when I report the many Asian Rim spam that we receive.

I have never had one message back from Kornet admin in 5 yrs of hammering them and most other Korean Service Providers.

I see Spamcop reporting going to KISA when I report the many Asian Rim spam that we receive.

35515[/snapback]

Well, I was referring mainly to stuff that SpamCop doesn't pick up... I get a lot of websites here that SC doesn't pick up (maybe 'cause I'm using M$ LookOut, err.. Outlook) and I have to manually add the URL reports. Lots of Korean-hosted, Chinese-hosted spamvertised websites out there. Almost never see any Russian websites any more. :-)

35504[/snapback]

I've been using abuse<at>abuse.kornet.net for several weeks without obvious problems - no reports of bounces, but who knows where it ends up. Yesterday, I saw that the Spamcop parser is now assigning the original abuse<at>kornet.net in the link analysis with no mention of bounces. Do you know if that is now working?

Yesterday, I saw that the Spamcop parser is now assigning the original abuse<at>kornet.net in the link analysis with no mention of bounces.  Do you know if that is now working?

35643[/snapback]

Initial testing with mx.kornet.net reveals that it is now working at the border:
RCPT TO:<abuse[at]kornet.net>

250 2.1.0 Recipient <abuse[at]kornet.net> Ok

RCPT TO:<bogus16956[at]kornet.net>

550 5.1.1 No such user <bogus16956[at]kornet.net>

Archived