Forwarding "As Attachment" From SpamCop Webmail

Jeff G.

Forwarding "As Attachment" from SpamCop Webmail (IMP Horde on the SpamCop Email System's webmail.spamcop.net server) is one way to Report your spam from Webmail for Full Reporting (the other way is to use Very Easy Reporting's "queue for reporting"). "As Attachment" is extremely important, as SpamCop's Parser can't do anything with Webmail's five-line Header Set - it needs full Headers, including Received Header Lines. The following step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process.

Requirements:

1. A SpamCop Email System Account (email address at spamcop.net, cqmail.net, or cesmail.net), with an associated Confidential Submit Address (submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net)
  2. A system running a web browser, logged into Webmail the secure or insecure way. Cookies are required. java scri_pt is helpful, but not required.
  3. Reporting privileges in good standing (please do not tempt fate by attempting to Report if your account is not privileged enough to do so - you should come to an agreement with a SpamCop Admin first)
  4. One or more spam email message(s) in Webmail which you wish to Report

Instruction Steps:

1. From the Webmail Message List, select the message you wish to Report by checking its Checkbox in the left column (multiple messages can be selected by checking multiple Checkboxes). It is important that you not be viewing a single message, as you cannot forward "As Attachment" from there.
  2. Click the "Forward" Link.
  3. Send the message to your Confidential Submit Address submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net (easiest if you have a shortcut for that Address in your Address Book). You can send the message to any of your Confidential Submit or Quick Addresses.
  4. Wait for the Tracking URL which will let you Report that (or the first) message either in a reply email "SpamCop has accepted 1 [or more] email for processing" from SpamCop AutoResponder <spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net> or as the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" Link on your SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service webpage. You could use http://www.spamcop.net/ as well, if you have a need to use cookies rather than HTTP simple authentication.

Edit: 2005/11/09 15:32 Jeff G. adapted from FAQ Entry: Forwarding "As Attachment" From OE6.

Edit: 2005/11/09 23:15 Jeff G. made a bunch of changes based on input to that point in time.

Edit: 2005/11/09 23:38 Jeff G. added some qualifications to the Submit Addresses and moved the Edits down a bit.

Edit: 2005/11/10 00:33 Jeff G. changed references to SpamCop Webmail.

A SpamCop Account entitled to submit spam via email, and an associated Submit Address (submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net)

35741[/snapback]

Account really is not the right term.

All email accounts come with a separate submit to address.

If you do not know it, simply log onto http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ with you email address and password and you will find the following clickable link above the entry box

Forward your spam to: submit.yourunique16digitcode[at]spam.spamcop.net or:

If you have other submit to addresses you can use them if you wish

A SpamCop Account entitled to submit spam via email, and an associated Submit Address (submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net)
Since the topic is forwarding from SpamCop Webmail, I think the wording is appropriate. The only issue I have is, as far as I know, ALL email accounts (maybe all reporting accounts) are "entitled to submit spam via email"

Even if they are suspended?

35755[/snapback]

I would think they can still submit spam, just not get to the reporting page to complete the process. I am not sure of that however. We will either need to ask an official, or get an account suspended to test it. :o

I know the data is there, but ..... ?????

Requirements:

• A SpamCop E-mail account (spamcop.net, cq.net, ???)
  • A SpamCop.net Reporting Account
  • Web Browser (cookies enabled, java scri_pt/ActiveX enabled?, etc.?)
  • Logged into your Webnail account
  • spam to report

I'll swear that this is documented somewhere, but have to admit that my head is so full now of commented out data, entries not pointed to any more, etc. ....

But I can point to the obvious ... Don can kill off the reporting account on that side of the system, which will have no effect on the e-mail account itself. I would guess that the e-mail system would still let one 'try' to submit, but the reporting system would come back with "user unknown" .... generating another free account could be done, but there's that 'tempting fate' thing involved there.

Dang it, I remember now that there was one more thing, but got distracted ... the title ... reference is http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=faq&cat=28 . to show what I was thinking about .... there's 'webmail' and then there's 'Webmail' <g> ..... and then there's this section for getting full headers, but will add in another for 'how to report' but forsee running into the same 'title' issue .....

Archived