Pinned FAQ pointers

Wazoo

Future status  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Future status

• Remove them, as the additional links at the top of each page should be sufficient
    • Keep them in place, based on so many folks not being able to find any FAQ data anyway
    • Ignore them as they've been there so long already and we know nobody uses them anyway
    • I've got a better idea (and will post it below!)

It's not necessiarly a better idea, but makes sense to me:

Instead of having forum.spamcop.net point directly to this bullitenboard, have a two choice/path links to either enter the board or view faqs laid out in FAQ fashion.

There's are many boards. And I personally don't feel comfortable with a FAQs posted on bulliten board systems. I suspect that is why there are a few complaints.

This sounds like a lot of web work to me, so i wouldn't necessiarly recommend it, unless you've got time coming out of the wazzo, for such implementation. :P

I wouldn't expect you to have soo much ambition, unless you're being paid to maintain this information. Then I would expect it. All things considered, I think it is all well and good. Don't take the complaints too personally, ppl whine. It's a part of our nature. :huh:

Instead of having forum.spamcop.net point directly to this bullitenboard, have a two choice/path links to either enter the board or view faqs laid out in FAQ fashion.

The groundwork on this was started with work on a "Portal" page .. in response to the argument that someone "new" to SpamCop.net couldn't quickly find answers. Lack of input, complaints about the code sucking, display issues, etc. have pretty much left that as just another artifact that exists but used by very few ... have you even seen http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=home ?

There's are many boards.  And I personally don't feel comfortable with a FAQs posted on bulliten board systems.  I suspect that is why there are a few complaints.

This sounds like a lot of web work to me, so i wouldn't necessiarly recommend it, unless you've got time coming out of the wazzo, for such implementation.  :P

I believe you mis-spelled a word there <g> I have in fact been working at other FAQ presentations beyond what's been seen in public .. but not happy with any of those 'solutions' yet.

I wouldn't expect you to have soo much ambition, unless you're being paid to maintain this information.  Then I would expect it.  All things considered, I think it is all well and good.  Don't take the complaints too personally, ppl whine.  It's a part of our nature.  :huh:

35857[/snapback]

and this also begs the question .. have you looked at Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff ??

Archived