"SpamCop Encountered Errors"

I have searched the forums for an answer to this and either it's me or it's new!

Periodically, everytime I submit a batch of emails using "Quick Reporting" and delete option of the webmail interface, I will get back an email with the Subject "SpamCop Encountered Errors" from Spamcop AutoResponder.

The message will contain some headers about the message, but not much else to help me identify what (if anything!) I am doing wrong.

Most(99% of the time) I am reporting mail for drugs, real estate, body part 'ehancers' etc.

I know not to report what looks like 'bounces' but if the subject looks like trash and I don't know the sender, it's junk.

Do I just ignore the "Spamcop Encountered Errors" reports? Or is there something I can do?

How about reading through some of the other postings, rather than "searching" ... I'm a bit lost at your "can't find anything" because I've responded myself to a bunch of Topics that involve "encontered errors" .... and a number of others that deal with possible consequences of using "Quick Reporting" ....

You don't offer enough detail to really get into trying to answer your specific issue. Thinks like Tracking URL's would let others take a look at your results, but as your issues seems to deal more with the whole spam, then the Tracking data wouldn't explain much. You don't say whether you've tried other than Quick-reporting to see if the results are the same. You say nothing of the attempts at copying off one of these problimatic spams and pasting it inot the web form window to see what happens there. I'm stuck on suggesting that you read through a few of the other Topics to see those questions, responses, issues and then, if needed, come back to the one you started and flush out your situation a bit more ...??

Here is what I did / have been doing..

1) I have mail in "Held Mail"

2) I review source and subject to ensure that they are spam

3) Select "ALL"

4) Select "Quick Reporting and Delete"

One or more of the above will result a "SpamCop Encountered Errors" email message to me.

The body of message will begin

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I have not tried any methods other than quick reporting as I do not know which one(s) is(are) doing it.

Finally, you made the statement "How about reading through some of the other postings, rather than "searching..." I am trying to approach this new forum as I would another vendor/user supported product. I first do a 'search' using applicable keywords of the forums provided, then if I get no 'hits' then I post. Evidently this is not setup for that.

For example, I used "encountered errors" as the search term, asked for "all forums" and had several results come up ... and at least a couple of those were on the same exact issue you queried on .. so, can only guess that it was your choice of search terms that found nothing???

Some of these also go to trying other things to try to track down where the issue is actually failing ... Some talk of collecting and posting certain data so that there's something for "us" to analyze ....

Although the method you describe would seem to bypass most problem areas, there's just no way to make a good guess from here as to what's ahppening without seeing some data ...

have you looked at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88 just for starters?

Do your error messages look like this?

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Delivered-To: spamcop[at]sc-app1.verio.ironport.com

Received: from c60.cesmail.net (c60.cesmail.net [216.154.195.49])

by sc-app1.verio.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3F8A2A679A6

for <ver.XXXXXX+spamcop.net-XXXXXX.spamcop.net>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:32:55 -0800 (PST)

Received: from unknown (HELO epsilon.cesmail.net) (192.168.1.40)

by c60.cesmail.net with SMTP; 27 Jan 2004 09:32:54 -0500

Received: (qmail 7339 invoked by uid 99); 27 Jan 2004 14:32:53 -0000

Message-ID: <20040127093253.xs3xkg0ok084w80o[at]webmail.spamcop.net>

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:32:53 -0500

To: ver.XXXXXX+spamcop.net-XXXXXX.spamcop.net

Subject: spam Report from XXXXXX[at]spamcop.net

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: message/rfc822

User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 4.0-cvs

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

Delivered-To: spamcop[at]sc-app1.verio.ironport.com

Received: from c60.cesmail.net (c60.cesmail.net [216.154.195.49])

by sc-app1.verio.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3F8A2A679A6

for <ver.XXXXXX+spamcop.net-XXXXXX.spamcop.net>; Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:32:55 -0800 (PST)

Received: from unknown (HELO epsilon.cesmail.net) (192.168.1.40)

by c60.cesmail.net with SMTP; 27 Jan 2004 09:32:54 -0500

Received: (qmail 7339 invoked by uid 99); 27 Jan 2004 14:32:53 -0000

Message-ID: <20040127093253.xs3xkg0ok084w80o[at]webmail.spamcop.net>

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:32:53 -0500

To: ver.XXXXXX+spamcop.net-XXXXXX.spamcop.net

Subject: spam Report from XXXXXX[at]spamcop.net

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: message/rfc822

User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 4.0-cvs

I too have occasionally received these error messages when performing quick reporting from the web mail interface, although not recently. The one I listed here is from Jan 27. I emailed JT regarding this when it occurred more frequently (to me at least) and he indicated they were aware of the issue.

I really cannot remember the last time it happened now. When it was occurring there was no pattern that I could discern with my reporting or the content of the messages. Also, I always received one error message per spam message reported.

The blank email, no visible from, to, subject, and body, I posted about here a couple weeks ago, always generated errors when I submitted them.

I now submit those manually and if they are in my held mail and have not been forwarded, I forward them without whitelisting sender and then submit them manually.

Archived