Huge Spam increase!

I am noticing a huge increase in the amount of spam that gets by the filters and black lists. I am getting tempted to block ALL mail, except on the whitelist, but I was hoping there would be a way around this extreme option.

Many of the spam messages are not even sent to my email address, but they slip by anyway.

Some are .GIF images and no text.

Many are misspelled drug names, like X/A/n.a;x/ and so on.

I'd sure like to get some expert advice from someone with more experience.

Thanks! :ph34r:

spam is on the rise for most everyone. Your address might be earlier up in the list, so you get your spam before others have had a chance to report it and get it into the filters and blocking lists. You might be seeing the results of the "I only report stuff that makes it past the filters" and you're getting stuff that fell off of the filters and block-lists due to no one complaining about them ...

Actually, much spam is making it past the block list. I have all the Block Lists checked as options, but still I am getting tons of spam for medications, etc. I'm curious why so much makes it past now, when it used to be blocked so effectively.

I am also unable to design effective filters to prevent all this crap making it into my Inbox, and subsequently into my POP3 account. Where can I get help on these subjects? :ph34r:

Archived