I feel stupid - what am I missing

vidbidness

Is it possible that you've created (or your existing account got changed to) an "ISP" account???? I keep getting confused as my experience is that this screen is clearly labled "ISP Control Center" ... but you don't mention this ...

Is it possible that you've created (or your existing account got changed to) an "ISP" account????  I keep getting confused as my experience is that this screen is clearly labled "ISP Control Center" ... but you don't mention this ...

36380[/snapback]

My screen does say "ISP Control Center." How can I change the account? Good call.

Assuming you are a Free Reporter, the easiest way to proceed is to establish another Free Reporting Account (using a different email address) and avoid sending SpamCop Reports to that different email address. If you want to convert your ISP Account back to a Free Reporting Account or you have a Premium Reporting Account, you will need to contact a SpamCop Admin via service[at]admin.spamcop.net.

My screen does say "ISP Control Center." How can I change the account? Good call.

36385[/snapback]

I keep meaning to write up a FAQ entry for this, but I can't get over the first hurdle ... how to phrase "the question" such that the next person with this issue will actually recognize the issue ... keeping in mind that the question needs to be less then one 'screen-width' in length .... had you tried to search any of the FAQs already available, what would have been the "trigger" words that would have brought you to to click on 'that' link?

Closest thing I've come up with thus far is "My Reporting screen says ISP Control Center" ... but as noted, the last dozen or so posters that have complained about "no report stuff" on their screen have mentioned the "ISP Control Center" as being seen ... so is that "title" actually being noticed or not, and therefore, would the "question" be of any value?

It seems to me the reason this person came here was because there was no Report spam tab, so maybe a title of "I have no Report spam tab on my main window".  Or something like that.

36410[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about it, too. Then I thought about the likelihood that a typical Reporter would remember the name of that default Tab and miss its presence, and felt that such a likelihood would be pretty low vs. the likelihood of remembering and missing the presence of the big box.

Archived