SpamCop AutoResponder

Mohawk

:( Why am I getting the below SpamCop AutoResponder

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I use Outlook Express 6 and when I get spam I simply FORWARD it to SpamCop. Is this NOT the correct way to Forward spam to SpamCop?

I use this way because it is the easiest way to forward SOMANY when I am receiving SOMANY.

Thanks!!! :D

:( Why am I getting the below SpamCop AutoResponder

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I use Outlook Express 6 and when I get spam I simply FORWARD it to SpamCop.  Is this NOT the correct way to Forward spam to SpamCop?

I use this way because it is the easiest way to forward SOMANY when I am receiving SOMANY.

Thanks!!! :D

Expanding on Wazoo's response, if you're forwarding "inline" or "quoted" your email program is adding characters that are not present in the original spam source code.

While it is possible to "fix" the problems associated with "inline" or "quoted" forwards, forwarding "as attachment" is generally a lot easier anyway - especially if you have more than one spam to report.

Just hold down the "Ctrl" key and left click on each spam in the message list pane and then release the "Ctrl" key and right click on any of the highlighted spams. Select 'forward as attachment' and they'll all be sent in just one email.

It's simple to do it this way, however keep in mind that there is a maximum 100 Kb limit for each group of spams forwarded in one email - however my personal experience is that 60 ~ 70 Kb is more reliable.

Archived