New 50 meg SP2 Microsoft Update

petzl

Exactly what is the update?  Thanks!

36571[/snapback]

The most recent update I find was out around Nov 10 (when it was installed on my system). Don't see anything newer (on the High Priority list anyways).

Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)

A remote code execution security issue has been identified in the Graphics Rendering Engine that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Exactly what is the update?  Thanks!

36571[/snapback]

For some reason my SP2 is not installing

it was availble around 10th depending which side of the world you are

Todays one is (plus some hardware updates for me)

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)

The .NET Framework version 2.0 improves scalability and performance with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, and support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer.

How to Uninstall

This software update can be removed via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)

36573[/snapback]

Beware, this update requires much more free disk space temporarily (about 275 MB total) than the 22.4 MB listed at the Windows Update site, and ends up taking the majority of that about 275 MB. Also, I'm not sure if Microsoft .NET Framework provides any useful functionality for the typical end-user.

Archived