Spamcop Blocking Me on T-Mobile

ajsla

I am being blocked on my tmobile treo from sending emails every few days. i get the sending error 451 with my IP and I have to go and request it to be unblocked. But since my ip ois dynamic, every time i log on i get a new one and the scenerio plays over - THIS IS UNACCCEPTABLE and ILLEGAL to monitor, block or do anything with my private correspondence. I am sending it from my treo so I cannot be a major spammer and I do not have a virus on my phone. I am losing money by not being able to send emails and am livid that you, spamcop, has some sort of control over my emails and I have never heard of you. I am at this moment on the phone with T-Mobile's legal department discussing my options but want this addressed from spamcop ASAP.

Had you bothered to read the FAQ, you would know that spamcop does not block anything. All spamcop does is keep a list of IP addresses from which spam is known to originate. ISPs and individuals have access to this list to do with as they please. Some choose to block, some choose to tag messages as spam, and others choose to ignore it alltogether.

I would suggest starting out with with reading the FAQ, then posting an intelligent question instead of a cartooney.

Posted into the Forum section clearly Titled and described as;

FAQ Under Construction

Please do NOT post any general questions in this Forum. This Forum is to be used only by those who want to help build, add to, or correct the Forum version of the FAQ

I actually suspect that "your e-mail" is not actually sent directly from your phone to the receiving ISP .... thus the normal query as to what is the actual server IP address involved in the sending of your e-mail. You state a "451 send error" ... there are others here that would suggest that a 4xx error is actually a "Temporary failure at the Receiving server" .... but it's your phone, maybe you're not talking "e-mail lingo" ...????

As far as "ILLEGAL to monitor, block or do anything with my private correspondence" .... you are definitely trying to paint an interesting picture. I also invite you to hit the SpamCop FAQ, linked to at the top of ths page and research things like What's on the Blocklist and Why am I Blocked?

Topic moved to the Blocklist Help Forum as it has nothing to contribute to building a FAQ entry ....

I don't know Wazoo... 23 minutes to move the email where it belongs. I think you're slipping man.  ;)

37725[/snapback]

If you could see my screen now .. whacking code trying to make some other folks happy ... thus far making my day "wonderful" ... I went nice with moving to the BL Forum in hopes .... there was that moment of going direct to the lounge ...

Maybe you need a "Pointless Rant" forum for stuff like this. Thus far, he hasn't even asked for any kind of help, just made vague legal threats against something he knows nothing about.

37727[/snapback]

SpamCop Lounge

This forum is for discussion of pretty much anything that doesn't quite fit the other specific Help Forum categories, to include rants and raves!

I am being blocked on my tmobile treo from sending emails every few days.  i get the sending error 451 with my IP and I have to go and request it to be unblocked.

37719[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's funny :D

How exactly do you do that? What blocklist?

But since my ip ois dynamic, every time i log on i get a new one and the scenerio plays over

37719[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, you're being funny again :D

Our servers block all dynamic IP's as they should not be running a mail server. I doubt your treo is!

THIS IS UNACCCEPTABLE and ILLEGAL to monitor, block or do anything with my private correspondence.

37719[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, are you a comedian? :D

You are sending mail to servers that do not belong to you. People who run these servers can block anything they want. It is not illegal.

I am sending it from my treo so I cannot be a major spammer and I do not have a virus on my phone.  I am losing money by not being able to send emails and am livid that you, spamcop, has some sort of control over my emails and I have never heard of you. 

37719[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, please stop! I can't stop lauging! :D

The only people blocking you are the people you are sending your email to.

I am at this moment on the phone with T-Mobile's legal department discussing my options but want this addressed from spamcop ASAP.

37719[/snapback]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, better have them get me too because I am going to block you now because you are just too funny :D

Thanks for bringing a little fun in this cold dreary day :)

I posted at another forum and did not receive the information that I am needing.

to the administrator:

here are the facts: ANY email I send from my T-Mobile Treo, routed through any email server gives me an error message:

spamcop.net/bl.shtml (with my IP)

I then go to the link, check to see if I am on the blocked list and ask to be removed. I have no viruses on my phone and in 12-22 hours I am removed. The problem is that i get a new IP in the AM from T-Mobile and the process starts all over again. I have read the FAQ, emailed spamcop numerous times with no reply and have had T-Mobile read the FAQ as well as my lawyer - I am out of options, ideas and patience - very specific, how can this be fixed?

I posted at another forum and did not receive the information that I am needing.

Your second try, yet this post doesn't seem to have any data pertaining to the Forum Subject Area Title of;

SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > How to use .... > SpamCop Forum .... When I geet done here, this set of posts will be "Merged" into the other Topic you started in the FAQ Development Forum section (which was moved to the Blocklist Help Forum section)

to the administrator:

here are the facts:  ANY email I send from my T-Mobile Treo, routed through any email server

One would ask how one manages to send any old e-mail through any old e-mail server. Most folks have to send money to someone to provide connectivity which usually includes an e-mail account or two. Trying to send one's e-mail through "that other ISP across town" very rarely works, as you can't log in with the credentials from the ISP you send money to. That you are using a phone for your connection would seem to reduce the list of "any old e-mail servers" that would let you make a connection, never mind actually sending anything.

gives me an error message:

spamcop.net/bl.shtml (with my IP)

I then go to the link, check to see if I am on the blocked list and ask to be removed.

Nothing much up for discussion without data, specifically headers, bounce message, etc. That this message includes "your IP address" suggests a lot of things, but it's hardly reasonable that I or anyone would have to guess at those possibilities. If you've asked to be removed and someone actually responded, then I'd suggest you contact whoever that person may have been directly. The story you tell here is hardly "standard" practice.

I have no viruses on my phone and in 12-22 hours I am removed. The problem is that i get a new IP in the AM from T-Mobile and the process starts all over again.  I have read the FAQ, emailed spamcop numerous times with no reply and have had T-Mobile read the FAQ as well as my lawyer - I am out of options, ideas and patience - very specific, how can this be fixed?

37731[/snapback]

If you actually want help, anything further is on you. Provide some actual, factual data, drop some attitude, post into the correct area/venue, ... just a few of the things that immediately come to mind.

I note that http://www.everythingtreo.com/forum/ lists several "carriers" that provide connection and data plans .... perhaps some more information available there .. I did note that there's talk in other forum sections there about accessng your T-Mobile e-mail accounts using your PC, perhaps there's a method of obtaining the headers/messages that you have been 'talking' about, and end up with something that can be posted in order that someone could look at something to try to analyze what's actually going on.

And because this last post was "Merged" into an existing Topic, PM sent to advise of the Move/Merge.

<snip>

I have read the FAQ, 

<snip>

37731[/snapback]

...Here are some specific sections that should get you started:
  • Who appointed you the "cop" of the internet? Where do you get off?
  • Why am I Blocked?
  • How can I be de-listed

...Something that will confuse many of us here is how your Treo's temporary IP address can be the source of e-mail. Most of us who send e-mail through our computers rather than our mobile phones have to sign up with an e-mail provider or ISP who provide that service for us. Many ISPs and e-mail providers block all incoming e-mail connections from dynamic IP addresses (and it sounds like your phone is being assigned dynamic IP addresses) on the assumption that no e-mail should be sent from a dynamic IP address but rather through a server acting as an outbound mail server. To make it easier for us to help you, you may have to explain to us how e-mail via your mobile phone works.

Something that will confuse many of us here is how your Treo's temporary IP address can be the source of e-mail. Most of us who send e-mail through our computers rather than our mobile phones have to sign up with an e-mail provider or ISP who provide that service for us. Many ISPs and e-mail providers block all incoming e-mail connections from dynamic IP addresses (and it sounds like your phone is being assigned dynamic IP addresses) on the assumption that no e-mail should be sent from a dynamic IP address but rather through a server acting as an outbound mail server. To make it easier for us to help you, you may have to explain to us how e-mail via your mobile phone works.

37734[/snapback]

Posting the actual error message you are receiving would also help to clear some of this up.

I assume you are trying to send to the same recipient. Their ISP is the onle likely blocking, and the error message claiming spamcop may be incorrectly pointing the finger at them. The claim you make that you can do something to be delisted, seem to indicate it is NOT spamcop.net you are having problems with (spamcop is an automatic process).

Please help us to help you. Specifically, please post the email message indicating the blockage, which would usually include the IP Address that was blocked, the IP Address of the server doing the blocking, the domain you were trying to send to, and the domain you were trying to send from, as well as any other IP Addresses being used by other systems that handled the message. We don't need the left side (user portion) of either email address, just the right side (domain portion). Thanks!

Please help us to help you.  Specifically, please post the email message indicating the blockage, which would usually include the IP Address that was blocked, the IP Address of the server doing the blocking, the domain you were trying to send to, and the domain you were trying to send from, as well as any other IP Addresses being used by other systems that handled the message.  We don't need the left side (user portion) of either email address, just the right side (domain portion).  Thanks!

37739[/snapback]

thanks -

I get an actual error message on my phone not an email mailed to me that contains a message. my error stets exactly - Sending error blocked - for information see - http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?208.54.14.25

I am using my t-mobile data plan to access the internet which is why I have a t-mobile IP, nothing to do with my mail servers or domains that I pay for. This occurs on every email I send regardless of the recipient. Since I began my post my IP has either changed or the request i have submitted to unblock this IP has gone through so this IP is now unblocked, but I have been down for 7 hours and either way, I will have the issue again in a day or two since I have had this going on repeatedly for 1 1/2 months. I have had this phone, data plan and domain for 2 years so this is a new issue and not due to ISP, domain, hardware switches. I have contacted spamcop through email 3 times, and have yet to receive a reply. Any help you can offer I appreciate

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=208.54.14.25

208.54.14.25 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 16 hours.

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...ng=208.54.14.25 shows that a SpamCopBL losting is the least of the issues with this IP address.

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ........ 2.8 .. -68%

Last 30 days .. 3.2 ... -1%

Average ........ 3.2

Based on data seen at NEW! SenderBase's "Magnitude" Explained .. are you really sending out over a thousand e-mails a day over your phone? If not, then credence is offered to go with that you are using a "shared" e-mail server, in this case, the folks at the following apparently need to be contacted;

Parsing input: 208.54.14.25

host 208.54.14.25 = m190e36d0.tmodns.net

Cached whois for 208.54.14.25 : tech[at]tmodns.net

Using last resort contacts tech[at]tmodns.net

I get an actual error message on my phone not an email mailed to me that contains a message.  my error stets exactly - Sending error blocked - for information see - http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?208.54.14.25

37748[/snapback]

Ok, at last some information we can examine...

Server appears to be part of tmodns.net (poss T-mobile???) - so the Treo is routing through one of a batch of SMTP servers - on this occasion: m190e36d0.tmodns.net

Since the link offered takes us to the page which offers automatic delisting we can probably assume to you been automatically delisting these servers. However, since the issue relates to messages sent to spam traps all you have done is remove the option for automatic delist in the future.

Since no reports are sent when messages go to spam traps, the admins of tmodns.net need to address the spam problem on their network as a matter of urgency. The listed admins are tech[at]tmodns.net

I'd encourage your mail service provider - tmodns.net - to get their act together and stop the flow of spam through their mail servers. That will prevent you getting caught up in their mess.

If they won't do that, you can find an alternative SMTP mail service.

Andrew

What SMTP Relay Server or Smarthost Server did you configure your Treo to use (if any)?  Thanks!

37780[/snapback]

thank you for the replies - i am using tmobile as my isp but my smtp mail servers are through host department. I have spoken extensively to them as well as tmobile and neither has been able to solve my issue. i will try and use an alternative smtp and see if that will work - will keep you posted...

Thanks. A name or address would do. A copy of a header from an email message you sent from your Treo to an account at Road Runner or a freemail provider would be excellent.

Archived