Nice. Real nice.

jrhett

I'd just like to point out that spamcop does a darn good job of making ISPs want to work with them.

1. No reports, summaries but no reports.

2. No links in reports as claimed by the FAQ

3. Lackluster e-mail response

and then when I sign on to the forum in an attempt to get attention paid on the issues, I get talked down to and the topics closed off without anything even approaching a valid answer.

Isn't the goal to stop spammers?

Don't you want ISP helpdesks to be working with you?

Then stop making us regret it.

I'd just like to point out that spamcop does a darn good job of making ISPs want to work with them.

1. No reports, summaries but no reports.

2. No links in reports as claimed by the FAQ

3. Lackluster e-mail response

and then when I sign on to the forum in an attempt to get attention paid on the issues, I get talked down to and the topics closed off without anything even approaching a valid answer.

Isn't the goal to stop spammers? 

Don't you want ISP helpdesks to be working with you?

Then stop making us regret it.

37940[/snapback]

...You seem to be a might confused. We here in the SpamCop Forum are users of SpamCop, some server types, some mere e-mail users who are sick of spam. Your complaints 1, 2 and 3 and your last sentence can be addressed only by SpamCop administration. I presume the e-mails to which you refer have been sent to some such admin-type person (Deputies[at]spamcop.net, perhaps?). If you haven't received a timely answer, then all I can suggest is that you continue to ask periodically.

...No one, as far as I have seen, has "talked down to you." The only "talking down" I've seen is your rude reply to Miss Betsy. I closed one of your three topics which all, as far as I could tell, dealt with pretty much the same subject and had pretty much the same answers (by the way, not that you should or could have known this, but it is generally considered rude to post multiple threads when one will do); the other two are still open.

...Another difficulty we here have is that, until your post in topic "Getting reports" and answered by Wazoo's reply, you failed to offer the critical piece of information (perhaps because no one has yet asked, so not your fault): the IP address in question. With that, we may be able to figure out where the SpamCop reports are actually going, or if there are no reports because the spam are all going to spam Traps.

We regret that we have not been able to help you in the forums. The main problem here is that it is a user to user forum where most users (including moderators) not having any ISP experience. Therefor we lack the knowledge to provide any useful information at your level of need.

If you care to post one of the replies you are getting with complete headers it may provide some insight for us to use to nudge those who should be able to help but rarely come to the forums.

We want to thank your for your efforts in trying to deal with the ever growing spam problem.

Note: also other topics posted by same user on same general subject.

Getting reports, How do we get reports?

How to let users know that it isn't spam?, Dealing with bad reports

Identifying bad/false reporters, How can we identify/shut down bad report

37940[/snapback]

I tossed some data in a response to "one" of your posts .... even asked a question or two ... you've not responded to that at all.

However, I see no reason to allow your behavior and commentary to continue in this vein. Yet another one of your Topics is now closed.

I tossed some data in a response to "one" of your posts .... even asked a question or two ... you've not responded to that at all.

However, I see no reason to allow your behavior and commentary to continue in this vein.  Yet another one of your Topics is now closed.

37949[/snapback]

And I basically walked you through getting the information you are looking for and no response to that either.

Archived