how to get off a spam list?

t610

forwarded mails from my domain get blocked by "l1.spews.dnsbl.sorbs.net". can anybody tell me how to get off this list? even if a registered email account sends forwards some mails to another registered user it is blocked?

thanks for any hint.

henning

SORBS is just one of many mirrors that provide SPEWS data.

SORBS does not control the content..

Many mail servers just periodically download the zone files from SPEWS and do not use SORBS or the other mirrors.

SORBS took over being on of the more popular suppliers of SPEWS information when OSIRUSOFT went down. Unlike Osirusoft, SORBS keeps the SPEWS zones separate from their other zones.

Apparently the ISPs that are providing SORBS with connectivity have an interest in keeping the site up, so it is more reistant to the criminal DDOS attacks that caused OSIRUSOFT and MONKEYS list to go down.

As for getting off of SPEWS, see http://www.spews.org. Read the FAQ carefully.

Spamcop.net has no control of SPEWS, and has even had their mail server listed in SPEWS in the past. It still might be for all I know.

The I.P. address where a mail server accepts an e-mail comes from is the only part of an e-mail address that can not be faked by a spammer. And is the only thing that a mail server knows before it has to decide if they want to pay for the bandwidth or resources to accept an e-mail. A large mail server pays a metered rate for bandwidth, so any spam they accept that they can avoid costs them cash. And at the end of the month, it can be quite a sum.

SPEWS has a different attitude toward keeping those costs under control than other DNSbls, and either the users of SPEWS share that attitude, or they are not aware of what they are doing to their incoming mail.

-John

Personal Opinion Only

forwarded mails from my domain get blocked by "l1.spews.dnsbl.sorbs.net". can anybody tell me how to get off this list? even if a registered email account sends forwards some mails to another registered user it is blocked?

thanks for any hint.

henning

Like WB8TYW said, it is just a mirror for SPEWS.

Go to http://spews.org/ and enter your IP address in the form to find out which spammer is compromising your ISP's network.

Archived