I'd like to see...

btech

I'd like to see the "User Defined Recipient" field expanded, so I could enter more gov't entities and businesses that would like to know of piracy, spam and fraud.

the 4 I can fit in there now is really limited by the length of the reporting address.

I'd like to see the "User Defined Recipient" field expanded, so I could enter more gov't entities and businesses that would like to know of piracy, spam and fraud.

the 4 I can fit in there now is really limited by the length of the reporting address.

38241[/snapback]

The current setting is because of people abusing the system when it was much larger. People were sending every report to anyone they could think of related to spam whether it made sense or not, so spamcop needed to tighten down that portion of reporting. You can always create an external account to forward all reports to then forward them from that account to the necessary parties. Make sure these people WANT spamcop reports. Some places only want the source without the spamcop stuff thrown in.

38241[/snapback]

...Yes, please! I understand why it is this way; to alleviate the concern, I suggest this capability be turned on only for "trusted" users in a manner similar to granting the privilege to do Quick Reporting.

...Because this appears to be a new feature request rather than a suggested tool or application, I have moved this article to the New Feature Request Forum.

Steven- I can appreciate the fact that many abuse the system and report to people that don't want it, but I'd like to think I'm very careful and report to addresses I've researched and KNOW want to know.

Maybe what Steve T said is more what should be done: those who have older SCMail accounts or those who contact Jeff and are "trusted", could do so.

Steven-  I can appreciate the fact that many abuse the system and report to people that don't want it, but I'd like to think I'm very careful and report to addresses I've researched and KNOW want to know.

Nothing personal, just pointing out that the "I know what I'm doing, I never make mistakes, I double/triple check everything, etc." are also seen pretty much on a daily basis. The history of this "function" includes abuse by folks that "knew better" and in fact. even ignored hints of that abuse no being taken lightly, primarily by pluffing in data from the 'bitchlist' site which sometimes included hundreds of e-mail addresses 'associated' (sometimes very loosely) ... this caused the first reduction from 'inlimited' to something like 250 chracters ... which later seemed to be 'adapted' to four addresss ...

Maybe what Steve T said is more what should be done:  those who have older SCMail accounts or those who contact Jeff and are "trusted", could do so.

38292[/snapback]

If by "Jeff" you are suggesting JT, please don't waste your/JT's time .. this function is on the Reporting side of the house, so you'd need to talk to Don/Deputies on a subject such as this.

Nothing personal, just pointing out that the "I know what I'm doing, I never make mistakes, I double/triple check everything, etc." are also seen pretty much on a daily basis.<snip>

38297[/snapback]

...Yet we still have Quick Reporting! :) <g>

Archived