[Resolved] Blocked but not black listed

ZULUBEAR

Spamcop eh? Make me register for your forums eh? Fine. You're hindering my business so whatever resolves this quickly will allow me to get back to work.

So you block spam from me... probably because i'm sending mp3s... because i work at a record label. We deal with music.

Anyways, after trying to find an email address to write too i gave up. The roundabout navigation here that leads to nowhere is hilarious... it really is. So now i'm here in hopes that someone can help me. I'm trying to send email but all of a sudden i get these rejection notices yet i dont show up in this little database thing.

If you guys have any ideas, i'd really appreciate it. I'm getting totally screwed by not being able to email certain business contacts. I hope this can be resolved or this company is a joke!

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Received: from [208.186.255.10] (helo=[192.168.1.103])

by mrelay.perfora.net (node=mrelayus1) with ESMTP (Nemesis),

id 0MKp2t-1ErNJp0cPh-0003fV; Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:29:22 -0500

Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v746.2)

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message-Id: <37798938-5B59-474F-953F-AE7ADC69371D[at]dovecoterecords.com>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed

To: xxx[at]aberdeenmusic.com

Subject: BAM

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:29:18 -0500

X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.746.2)

X-Provags-ID: perfora.net abuse[at]perfora.net login:1f06a654bb6ba4577593fe42c1cab655

Spamcop eh?  Make me register for your forums eh?  Fine.

38516[/snapback]

...No, you must have misunderstood -- you are not required to register in the Forums to get help. Please go back to the main SpamCop Blocklist Help page and you will see (among others) these two helpful links under "Announcements":

Nearer the top of the screen (pretty much any page in the Forums), you will see a link labeled "SpamCop FAQ." All of these, IIUC, should be accessible even prior to your registering.

...Please start with the second bulleted link, above, to see what information we SpamCop users (note: almost all of us here are merely users of SpamCop, not SpamCop employees or admins) need to have in order to help you further. If you do not feel comfortable providing that information here, then the first bulleted link may be more appropriate.

...As for the FAQ, I believe it would be to your advantage to read several of the articles, including (but not limited to) the following:

Also, please be aware that sometimes ISPs or MSPs (e-mail service providers) send messages suggesting that an IP address is on the SpamCop blacklist but it really isn't. Another helpful SpamCop FAQ link is How many other BLs am I on?.

...If you decide to look into these FAQ entries and still have questions about what is there, please do come on back here to post follow-up question(s).

You're hindering my business so whatever resolves this quickly will allow me to get back to work.

38516[/snapback]

...No, actually, SpamCop can not block any e-mail, except e-mail sent to SpamCop e-mail users. You are being blocked by the receiving e-mail provider. That's their right -- they have no obligation (except to their own customers) to you to deliver any e-mail presented to them (even yours!).
So you block spam from me... probably because i'm sending mp3s... because i work at a record label.  We deal with music.

38516[/snapback]

...No, SpamCop has no way of knowing where you work or that you are sending mp3 files. The aforementioned FAQ has entries with more information on what is on the blacklist.
Anyways, after trying to find an email address to write too i gave up.

38516[/snapback]

...Sorry you missed that first bulleted link I listed, above. If you can make a suggestion or two on how to make it more visible and easier for new users to find, please let us know and we'll consider it! Thanks!
The roundabout navigation here that leads to nowhere is hilarious... it really is.

<snip>

38516[/snapback]

...Again, if you have any specific suggestions to offer, we'd be happy to consider them.

Spamcop eh?  Make me register for your forums eh?  Fine.

No one here made you do anything. the FAQ data, the majority of the Forum and the postings within are available for reading without registering. Had you actually read some of those items (some actually placed and titled in BOLD letters so they'd stand out ... well, this response wouldn't have started like this ...

You're hindering my business so whatever resolves this quickly will allow me to get back to work.

So you block spam from me... probably because i'm sending mp3s... because i work at a record label.  We deal with music.

All this drivel means what? SpamCop does not have the power to block any e-mail. This type of action would only occur at the receiving end of where ever you tried to send your e-mail. If you actually send out stuff that looks like spam, that would be your problem.

Anyways, after trying to find an email address to write too i gave up.  The roundabout navigation here that leads to nowhere is hilarious... it really is.

Explanation of that remark is requested, as I know of no "circular loops that go nowhere" on this Forum.

So now i'm here in hopes that someone can help me.  I'm trying to send email but all of a sudden i get these rejection notices yet i dont show up in this little database thing. 

If you guys have any ideas, i'd really appreciate it.  I'm getting totally screwed by not being able to email certain business contacts.  I hope this can be resolved or this company is a joke!

The joke would actually have started with your failed attempt at looking anything up, reading any FAQ data available, ignoring all of the How to ask a Question pointers .... and worst of all, not providing any data that means anything.

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Received: from [208.186.255.10] (helo=[192.168.1.103])

by mrelay.perfora.net (node=mrelayus1) with ESMTP (Nemesis),

id 0MKp2t-1ErNJp0cPh-0003fV; Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:29:22 -0500

38516[/snapback]

The only IP address offered, but apparently probably has absolutely nothing to do with the "real" IP address involved with your "real" outgoing e-mail server ...????

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=208.186.255.10

208.186.255.10 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...=208.186.255.10

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ......... 0.0 .. -100%

Last 30 days ... 1.0 ... -97%

Average ......... 2.3

Kind of gives the impression that this isn't an e-mail server anymore ...????

Had it been listed, had there been complaints made about traffic from this IP address, complaints would have gone to;

Parsing input: 208.186.255.10

host 208.186.255.10 = 208-186-255-10.customer.csolutions.net (cached)

Routing details for 208.186.255.10

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 208.186.255.10 : ipadmin[at]eli.net

Using abuse net on ipadmin[at]eli.net

abuse net eli.net = abuse[at]support.eli.net

Using best contacts abuse[at]support.eli.net

As the "Received From:" routable IP address matches your posting IP address, one could guess that this is "your" computer/system .. the non-routable address showing in the "(helo=[192.168.1.103]" string also tends to suggest this. What is then missing is what the IP address of the actual "sending" e-mail server may have been .. if the receiving site had configured their servers per suggestion, then the "rejection" notice would have contained that critical bit of data, but you failed to provide this data also. Just as you don't feel you have the time to research the data that has been made available, I'm not of the mind to play the guessing game involved in trying to sleuth out just what e-mail server you maight be using to send your "spam" .... If you are actually sending e-mail out from "your" system, then perhaps there's an issue of an ISP blocking dynamic IP addresses but choosing the wrong "error message" in the rejection notice.

how i do love forums...

i found the simplest answer to any problems you'd have with this spamcop crap.  call your isp and have them remove it.  waste. of. time.

done.

38525[/snapback]

Offered solution having nothing to do with the original queried issue, wrong ISP would be involved, absolutely no attempt at filling in the blanks, providing the missing data .... moved to the Lounge as this appears to be more of a rant than a query for help ....

how i do love forums...

i found the simplest answer to any problems you'd have with this spamcop crap.  call your isp and have them remove it.  waste. of. time.

done.

38525[/snapback]

If your ISP "removed" their server from the list without finding and fixing the problem, you will be back again complaining because you are listed again and they will not be able to remove it next time (the manual removal from spamcop is once only). SpamCop automatically removes the address when reports of spam stop coming in. Good luck and I hope they actually fixed whatever problem was occuring that caused the listing.

You are partially right, however, the general answer, when one finds themselves blocked it to contact your own ISP because that is where the problem lies.

1.) Spamcop did not MAKE you register for their forum

2.) Spamcop is not hindering your business

3.) Spamcop is not blocking your mail.

Must be tough going through life blaming someone else for your ignorance and mistakes.

Some people know so little and they know it so fluently.

Sheesh!!!! :huh:

1.) Spamcop did not MAKE you register for their forum

2.) Spamcop is not hindering your business

3.) Spamcop is not blocking your mail.

Must be tough going through life blaming someone else for your ignorance and mistakes.

Some people know so little and they know it so fluently.

Sheesh!!!!   :huh:

38542[/snapback]

Wow, with all the 'eh' s I thought he would at least be fluent in Canadian. But then again, why feed the muntchkin troll?

Archived