New Tool - Dictionary/Glossary

Wazoo

The existing Glossary I started way back when has been much re-worked by dbiel and some fellow Moderators (even some plain old users joined in at times!) ... Last check, it was showing over 8300 views (though having to admit that it's unknown how many of those were due to the editing involved) ... also noting that the 'original' is also showing over 8200 views ... one would have to think that a lot of thanks and credit need to go out to those that spent the time to build those documents as it sure looks as if someone is actually looking at them.

An issue came up in that the existing Glossary simply outgrew the limits of some database configurations. While dbiel came up with a way to work around that issue in this application, I found a 'new' tool, worked through the mechanics of getting it installed, even got it to run, changed a few specific items, put the word out to the Moderators, a couple of other folks, and once again, dbiel lost a lot of quality family time while bringing the words and definitions over to this new tool. And just so folks know, this wasn't a simple task .. the formatting is different, the programming / coding is different .... some items were relatively easy, others took some major effort in getting it to even 'look' right on screen, other things still haven't been figured out <g> (actually funny, while looking for help, I ended up answering so many questions in the support forum for this tool, I was asked if I was the programmer .... so what you see is what's been worked out "here")

Once again, thanks to all involved .... consider this the official announcement that there's a 'new' SpamCop-oriented Dictionary / Glossary available to you all ... please take a look at this new SpamCop Glossary We think that the (major?) bugs are worked out.

• 2 weeks later...
<snip>

dbiel lost a lot of quality family time while bringing the words and definitions over to this new tool.  And just so folks know, this wasn't a simple task ...

<snip>

Once again, thanks to all involved

39345[/snapback]

...Indeed: thanks, especially to dbiel! :) <g>