News address via MS Outlook Express

grwsmith

news.spamcop.net works for me. However, all I did to connect to the newsgroups was to click on the NTTP on the spamcop "help& discussion" webpage and a wizard set it up. It is not the same as whatever your ISP offers for newsgroups (maybe that's your trouble).

If you access the newsgroups, you want to use an invalid email address. That's the first page of properties. You can use nobody[at]spamcop.net

HTH

Miss Betsy

Hi,

Yes I remember now; that's what I did when I had problems when I first joined spamcop last year and for some reason I deleated the newsgroup off Outlook express.

Is that the Help and Feedback web page? What is the NTTP?

Like some others, I am having problems with connecting to my web mail - I wonder if there is a link?

Hi,

<snip>

Is that the Help and Feedback web page? What is the NTTP?

<snip>

...This is the Help and Feedback place. Or did you mean something else by that question?

...There is a spamcop.help newsgroup in news.spamcop.net, but it is intended that this web forum fully replace it and, therefore, the NNTP newsgroup may go away any moment.

I do not know why but I disconnected the adsl and re connected and everything works fine now??!! I was having trouble with two web sites but everything else was OK.

Thanks anyway!

...Thanks for reporting the good news. Glad you're working now. :D

Moved from SpamCop Lounge to SpamCop Help because, while it has something to do with SpamCop, it has nothing to do with the SpamCop Email System.

Archived