I can't read, I won't read, but I can type!

dreyn

Moderator edit: This post was split off the the FAQ entry Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, Please read before posting and merged with this duplicate post which follows due to the posting times.

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?

I AM A U.S. SAILOR ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT MY BROTHER, WHO I EMAIL REGULARLY. WHY CAN I NO LONGER DO THIS? WHAT IS GOING ON?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT "SPAMCOP" IS, NOR DO I CARE. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

I NEED TO CONTACT MY FAMILY. THIS IS RELATIVELY IMPORTANT.

I AM NOT A SPAMMER, I DO NOT SEND VIRUSES. I DO, HOWEVER, NEED TO TALK TO MY BROTHER.

A "CONTACT US" LINK WOULD BE HELPFUL. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO MODERATE, POST, OR ALL THIS GAY GEEK STUFF THAT YOU ALL DO.

I AM COMPLETELY AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. I'VE EMAILED MY BROTHER AS RECENTLY AS YESTERDAY AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. NOW WHEN IT'S IMPORTANT, SPAMCOP SHOWS UP.

FIX THIS. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

SOMEONE IN CHARGE, PLEASE BE A MAN AND FIX THIS. I CAN'T BE REMOVED...THAT MAKES ABSOLUTLEY NO SENSE. I NEED ANSWERS!!!

reynoldsd[at]dg.navy.mil

AND THANKS, BUT I DON'T NEED SPELL-CHECK.

I AM NOT A SPAMMER, I DO NOT SEND VIRUSES. I DO, HOWEVER, NEED TO TALK TO MY BROTHER.

A "CONTACT US" LINK WOULD BE HELPFUL. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO MODERATE, POST, OR ALL THIS GAY GEEK STUFF THAT YOU ALL DO.

I AM COMPLETELY AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. I'VE EMAILED MY BROTHER AS RECENTLY AS YESTERDAY AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. NOW WHEN IT'S IMPORTANT, SPAMCOP SHOWS UP.

SOMEONE IN CHARGE, PLEASE BE A MAN AND FIX THIS. I CAN'T BE REMOVED...THAT MAKES ABSOLUTLEY NO SENSE. I NEED ANSWERS!!!

reynoldsd[at]dg.navy.mil

reynoldsd[at]dg.navy.mil

39631[/snapback]

Nobody here can help you until you calm down, STOP SHOUTING, and provide the information requested in the post just above yours.

I know that you are frustrated with not being able to contact your brother.

Unfortunately there is nothing that SpamCop can do (since you are not interested in how it works, I won't explain why not)

What you need to do is open a Hotmail account and contact your brother that way.

Perhaps when your urgent business is done, then you can understand what is wrong and decide what to do about it.

Miss Betsy

Yes, I split this post and following comments out from the "instructional" Pinned post on explaining the types of data needed for someone here to possibly offer some assistance / explanation ....

"NNEDS ANSWERS" yet also states "WON"T READ" .... demonstrated by totally ignoring everything in the first post of the Topic chosen to post into .... Hey, I didn't even mention the FAQ this time! .... oooops!

"BE A MAN" -- ?? been there, done that, actually have several T-shirts ...

138.184.127.34 is an mx ( 10 ) for dg.navy.mil

host 138.184.127.34 (getting name) = chagos.dg.navy.mil

Technically, this would be the "Incoming" e-mail server, but .... just might be the one????

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=138.184.127.34

138.184.127.34 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in a short time.

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

It appears this listing is caused by misdirected bounces. We have a FAQ which covers this topic: Why auto-responses are bad (Misdirected bounces). Please read this FAQ and heed the advice contained in it.

Listing History

System has been listed for 25 hours.

On the other hand, http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...=138.184.127.34 is showing 268 other possible addresses of "e-mail seen" for this outfit ... so who knows what IP address is actually involved for this user ...????

Checking a bit more .. hmmmmm .. seems a bit odd that this MX address turns out to match the posting IP ....

As suggested above, there are alternate means of communication .. telephone, Red Cross, heck, you could even call for a Captains Mast and get things straightened from your end! Next time you talk to your brother, complain about the fact that it was his ISP that actually blocked your e-mail .... SpamCop.net has no power to "touch" your e-mail .. but again, you don't want to hear about how things actually work ...

Archived