Spamcop unable to connect to ISPs' server..

Borny

Hi,

My mail system is configured so that Spamcop collects mail from my ISP, and then my POP3 server collects mail from Spamcop (pretty standard I guess!!).

My ISP had problems with our mail server this morning, but they say that the problem was fixed at 12:00 today.

When I go to Options in my spamcop account, the settings haven't changed, but I'm getting the message "Cannot contact server".

The ISP has said that their problems are sorted now, and I have been successfully able to collect mail by connecting direct to the ISP rather than via the method described above.

Is anyone having problems with Spamcop at the moment, or is it just the fact that Spamcop realised the ISP server was down earlier this morning and hasn't tried to log in since?

Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks for your time,

Borny

Thanks for your reply Ellen - what I had done was to swap the accounts around (in the boxes - there are two accounts), and then click Modify, which I think had the same effect - all sorted now.

Many thanks for your help

Borny

Thanks for your reply Ellen - what I had done was to swap the accounts around (in the boxes - there are two accounts), and then click Modify, which I think had the same effect - all sorted now.

Many thanks for your help

Borny

Cool - glad to know it's working

Archived