Anybody else having trouble Empty'ing Trash?

Configuration and background info -

---------------------------------------

Firefox 1.0.7, java scri_pt and so on enabled, no other problems using the SpamCop Web mail interface, using computers in one form or another since 1981.

I currently have SpamCop Web mail configured with the Held Mail folder as the default display. I mention this in the off chance that it might somehow be involved with my problem.

Description of problem -

--------------------------

At the top of virtually all SpamCop windows is an Empty Trash icon. If I click this icon, SpamCop prompts me per my settings to confirm that I do indeed wish to empty my Trash folder. If I click OK, SpamCop refreshes the Web Mail window; as mentioned earlier, in my case means re-displaying the Held Mail folder.

What SpamCop does *not* do is empty the trash folder. The *only* way I can get SpamCop Web mail to empty my trash is to select the Folders display, open the Trash folder, select the contents, and click Delete.

Alternatively, I can connect via a non-Web email client and use IMAP to empty the trash.

------

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm typically a reasonably competent user and have tried a few different strategies, all without success.

Cheers & thanks,

Ric

San Francisco

I don't have an Empty Trash icon (I disabled it because it took too much space), but I do have an "Empty Trash Folder" Link in the top right corner when viewing my Trash mailbox/Folder, and that Link just worked for me as designed.

I don't have an Empty Trash icon (I disabled it because it took too much space), but I do have an "Empty Trash Folder" Link in the top right corner when viewing my Trash mailbox/Folder, and that Link just worked for me as designed.

40331[/snapback]

And I just used the Empty Trash icon from my default page (INBOX) and got the expected results as well. I however am using IE6, fully patched.

Archived