My server put on list, help with the cause

larryk

PS. I can't edit the above message that list my server IP... can someone take it off? thanks

40641[/snapback]

Received yet another PM asking about why this "remove request" hasn't been actioned.

1. e-mail was sent out a while back to the original poster . no answer seen.

2. Problem hasn't been documented as being totally closed yet.

3. Removal of the specific data bit would sure make the remaining bit of the Topic/Discussion seem a bit eerie with no one knowing what was actually being discussed.

4. Reason for the "can't edit" was caused by something a bit similar in another Topic, which has the last correspondance received by myself having a number bumped up to $15 million U.S. for damages due to my failure to remove dialog in that Topic. Changes were made in some of the functions of this Forum to protect the user involved in that Topic, thus leaving me as the sole target at present. Deleting data in this Topic would more than likely be seen as someone being a bit capricious in their actions.

Take the other viewpoint .. the IP address involved here seems to fall under the description that someone involved saw that there was a problem, someone got involved, someone took the time to try to resolve the problem. That's quite a difference from the norm seen on the IP addresses/e-mail server issues of some mega-buck companies that should be doing the same thing on a regular basis.

Received yet another PM asking about why this "remove request" hasn't been actioned.

1. e-mail was sent out a while back to the original poster . no answer seen.

2. Problem hasn't been documented as being totally closed yet.

3. Removal of the specific data bit would sure make the remaining bit of the Topic/Discussion seem a bit eerie with no one knowing what was actually being discussed.

4. Reason for the "can't edit" was caused by something a bit similar in another Topic, which has the last correspondance received by myself having a number bumped up to $15 million U.S. for damages due to my failure to remove dialog in that Topic.  Changes were made in some of the functions of this Forum to protect the user involved in that Topic, thus leaving me as the sole target at present.  Deleting data in this Topic would more than likely be seen as someone being a bit capricious in their actions.

Take the other viewpoint .. the IP address involved here seems to fall under the description that someone involved saw that there was a problem, someone got involved, someone took the time to try to resolve the problem.  That's quite a difference from the norm seen on the IP addresses/e-mail server issues of some mega-buck companies that should be doing the same thing on a regular basis.

40683[/snapback]

I don't understand why he wants to remove his IP address from the post. It was asked for; he provided it - and as you point out, the rest of the discussion makes little sense without an IP address.

I don't see why IP addresses should be secret. I can understand 'unpublished email addresses'

Yes, let's hope that the reason he hasn't come back is that the problem got fixed and he's moved on to other things.

Miss Betsy

It appears that these forums are property of and copyrighted by IronPort and Corporate Email Services, and that approval from both legal departments would be necessary for removal of information like IP Address 65.109.242.251 and host name host.webinteractiveconsulting.com.

well... Round 2.

my server is back on the list.

pretty calm, but fustrated. As it stands, right now, I have know idea what to do first?

the tech guy at my provider has left for the day... he will be back in on monday.

i'm back at the needle in hay stack situation.

anyway... if anyone has another thoughts to help... WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE.

i will go through the emails and re-read them... see if I can't figure something out.

thanks

--------

about this thread and my IP adddress.

1) I didn't have a lot of choices -- I wanted help and the only way to get it sooner than later was to list my ip address.

2) taking my IP address off -- editting and removing the ip --- will not change anything about this thread. the thread will read fine and educte other readers just fine without it being there.

3) why take it off? if I was a bad guy / spammer and wanted to find servers that have "problems"... i would come here to find Ip addresses. why scan for I P s... just browse the threads here?

... anyway... if anyone has another thoughts to help... WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. ...

40750[/snapback]

Wish I could help, alas I can't. One little thing though - while vaguely browsing your website forms with the thought maybe they could be hijacked (what am I thinking - how would I know?) I noticed the line
Fill out our Request For Proposal form if your looking to get an estimate for website development or on a web consulting project.
on your /pg/contact-web-interactive.php page. You might get someone to change that your in there to you're which is the abbreviation of you are which is the sense of the direction - or, preferably, just use "you are" in full.

Archived