My IP is blocked?

AG70

Hi,

I have sent emails from my list of emails with MX mailer software and now when I am trying to send email from my outlook I am getting the message:

(ISP) 571 213.8.95.84 was found in bl.spamcop.net

SpamCop, can you please remove my IP from your block list?

Thanks,

Asaf

I have sent emails from my list of emails with MX mailer software and now when I am trying to send email from my outlook I am getting the message:

(ISP) 571 213.8.95.84 was found in bl.spamcop.net

SpamCop, can you please remove my IP from your block list?

You would find it helpful to read the pinned answer to this question at

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35

A look up on the checkblock is clear so your ISP's mail server has been compromised or if you are running the server yourself then your server is being used to distribute spam. Hopefully the answer above will help you track down the cause and tackle it.

Andrew

[A SpamCop user not admin]

DNS error: 213.8.95.84 has no reverse dns

213.8.95.84 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 3.5 days. It has been listed for less than 24 hours.

* In the past week, this system has: Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times

* Been detected sending mail to spam traps

* Been witnessed sending mail less than 10 times

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:00:00 GMT:

Received: from [213.8.95.84] (-)-

by -.-.net with - (Exim -.-)-

id -

for -[at]-.net- Thu, - Mar 2004 -8- -

Subject: stout -

Doesn't look like it's going to be that easy, sorry. At present, that IP shows;

Query bl.spamcop.net - 213.8.95.84

DNS error: 213.8.95.84 has no reverse dns

Some places will reject you just for this.

Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=213.8.95.84

has a sample at present (these used to be much more complete, but it was seen that spammers were using them to their advantage) and this list is no longer real-time, so there may be more data in a while ...

Personally, I'm still wondering what you mean by "sent emails from my list of emails" ... the obvious questions start with things like ... where did you get this list? Is this IP an actual MX? Do you have contact with the folks at abuse[at]inter.net.il or abuse[at]internet-zahav.net who would have received complaints if they'd been sent?

At present, http://www.moensted.dk/spam/?addr=213.8.95.84&Submit=Submit shows SpamCop as the only significant BL listing this IP ...

Assuming that you intentionally sent the email with the subject line: STOUT BAR which seems to consist mostly of a jpg -- at least one one user and at least one spamtrap have received/reported that email as spam.

Spamtraps are email addresses that do not exist, have never existed, have never sent mail and should never receive mail.

If no more reports or trap hits are received your IP should be delisting in about 5-6 hours.

Ellen

Archived