Are address book entries white listed?

I can only refer you to http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/356.html or http://mail.spamcop.net/bestof.php .... It also seems to me the under the web-mail interface, there's an option to do with "Release and Whitelist" that would handle part of that in one swoop ...

But from what I read from these referenced items, the address book and the whitelist are two different files .. if I'm wrong, there'll be someone along shortly that will correct me <g>

Well, it certainly does appear by their behavior that the address book and white list operate independently. Hopefully someone will chime in with a definitive answer today. Then I can rearrange everything accordingly, though it's going to be tedious.

You could select a bunch of ham from your INBOX and click the "Release and Whitelist" Link. That should Whitelist all of the senders of that ham. If you do this in another folder, be aware that the ham will end up back in your INBOX. Of course, if your INBOX is automatically emptied by Forward or POP, you'll have to pause that action first.

What does it mean to "release" an e-mail?

Releasing a message will move it along as if the message were whitelisted in the first place. If you have forwarding from your spamcop account enabled, the message will be forwarded to that address. If not, the message will be moved to the INBOX folder to be handled as normal.

I still don't have an answer about how the address book interfaces with white listing.

There is NO interface between the 2 lists. The address book is a handy place to keep addresses for people you want to send messages to. The white list is a list of addresses you will accept messages from. I

don't use the address book except to hold my reporting address as it is only for use during the day when I might reply to messages, but not create new ones to people I don't email often. My whitelist, however, has over 50 entries.

Archived