Small HTML changes requested

James Merrill

On the page where SpamCop's analysis is presented and we get to submit the spam report, there are two changes to the HTML that I would much appreciate. They both seem quite easy to me.

The first one is to use a fixed name for the "user notification" text box, rather than having it be the last in a series with a numbered suffix. That will cause the browser to think that these are all the same (which they are!), and thus to remember our previous answers as a single set, rather than as separate sets based on how many other emails will be generated for the spam.

The second change is to make the "user notification" text box much wider. I often report "buy software for way too little" spams to a number of violated software publishers (in the hope that at least one will chase the bastards down and shoot them). I can't distinguish between the different lists easily when I can't see more than one address at a time.

Thanks.

On the page where SpamCop's analysis is presented and we get to submit the spam report, there are two changes to the HTML that I would much appreciate.  They both seem quite easy to me.

The first one is to use a fixed name for the "user notification" text box, rather than having it be the last in a series with a numbered suffix.  That will cause the browser to think that these are all the same (which they are!), and thus to remember our previous answers as a single set, rather than as separate sets based on how many other emails will be generated for the spam.

41642[/snapback]

That's a good idea. My current workaround for this need is to have series of User Notification reportees stored in a separate text file that I can paste in.
The second change is to make the "user notification" text box much wider.  I often report "buy software for way too little" spams to a number of violated software publishers (in the hope that at least one will chase the bastards down and shoot them).  I can't distinguish between the different lists easily when I can't see more than one address at a time.

41642[/snapback]

That's a good idea, but it would probably be seen as encouraging specification of more than one User Notification reportee, which TPTB appear not to want to do.

I am moving this Topic from the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum.

Archived