Why blocked our IP address 202.175.122.146????

raylai

Welcome, and thanks for posting in the right Forum!

Please see:

Why Am I Blocked FAQ

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?202.175.122.146

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=202.175.122.146 including "202.175.122.146 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)", "If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 0 hours." (it's in the delisting process), "Causes of listing: System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)", and "System has been listed for less than 24 hours."

Report History for 202.175.122.146 shows approximately 11-20 spamtrap hits, no Reporter or Mole Reports.

Can you explain what is spamtrap?? Can you give me some spamtrap example...

41782[/snapback]

Spamtraps are email addresses that are obtained by "spam Spiders" scraping Newsgroups and or websites "Spiders" are often part of the operation of a "zombie computer" but can also be used by spammers

SpamCop Spamtraps have around 17 random alphanumeric Addie's. It is easier to guess bank security (128 bit) than these Addie's

The only way you would be sending these to SpamCop is if you bounce a spam message back to a spammers address this means you would also Joe Jobbing Thousands of other victims as well as ending up on the SCBL This "blocklist" is for SpamCop members to sort probable email spam into spam folders It lists spam as it is being sent not after. When spam stops it is delisted

41782[/snapback]

A SpamTrap is is secret e-mail address with a random (better than 128-bit security) code before the '[at]'. These addresses have NEVER sent any mail and therefore can never have requested any. All mail to these addresses is UNSOLICITED. These addrresses are secreted on the web so that the spyders that spammers use can find them.

If your server is sending mail to these addresses then:

1. One of your customers is spamming deliberatley

2. One of your machines is trojanned and sending spam unknowingly OR

3. (Most Likely) your machine is misconfigured to send post-facto NDRs OOOs etc.

ALL the above are covered in the FAQs here. Please read them and come back with any further questions you may have.

No, we can't give you a sample of a spamtrap hit: that would compromise its security.

I want to know why blocked our IP address 202.175.122.146??? Our company has already checked does not have any spam mail send to outside. Can you give me some report????

41778[/snapback]

Can you explain the 40-fold increase in traffic from that server?

41782[/snapback]

At the top of this page, there are two links to the SpamCop FAQ Following that link will then show links to the SpamCop Glossary as built within this Forum.

Had you followed the link Start Here - before you make your first Post ... you'd have found the same listing.

And hitting the SpamCop Glossary one would have seen the link to an alternate version found as the SpamCop Dictionary

Some of the other data needed for the test of the story is found within the SpamCop FAQ itself, links off of that FAQ, ot eveb other posts within this very Forum (section)

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...202.175.122.146

202.175.122.146 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...202.175.122.146

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ........ 3.5 .. 1238%

Last 30 days .. 2.3 .... -16%

Average ........ 2.4

"40-fold" ..???? or is it still ramping up?

Ah good, ramping down then ....

Report on IP address: 202.175.122.146

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ........ 2.6 ... 11%

Last 30 days .. 2.3 .. -16%

Average ........ 2.4

Archived