Why it is listed our server ?

Hello,

our server (mail2.serco.it - 83.103.69.220) ha been blacklisted by you, and I do not understand the reasons.

Now I have requested to be removed, but I'd like to understand the reason of the black listed.

I have performed many test also from other server that check black list, and our server it is not listed.

For accessing it is mandatory user name/password. No guest account.

We drop all the email that are sent to fake users, or not existing users.

Can you tell me we are finished to your lists ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my horrible English.

It is not currently listed, but can you explain the unusual increase in output?

Report on IP address: 83.103.69.220 

Volume Statistics for this IP 

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day 4.3 3749%

Last 30 days 2.6 -20%

Average 2.7

There are however no reports of real persons, so I suspect it was spamtraps that got you in trouble if any.. It may also be that SC is falsely blamed for the block.

Hello,

it was not listed since I have requested to be removed.

The reason of this increase, is due to a error in a user configuration, that start sending email through this server, while this server was gerenerally not used for sending mail. Now I have fixed the configuration.

It is quite strange that you are blocked only if you increase your mail traffic....

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

it was not listed since I have requested to be removed.

The reason of this increase, is due to a error in a user configuration, that start sending email through this server, while this server was gerenerally not used for sending mail. Now I have fixed the configuration.

It is quite strange that you are blocked only if you increase your mail traffic....

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

41830[/snapback]

1. Requesting de-listing without finding and fixing the problem first is VERY stupid. You only get one chance, and we don't get to see the reasons for listing and so can't help.

2. You are NOT listed just for an increase in traffic. It is almost certain you were hitting spamtaps, but as you de-listed we shall never know.

3. Please see FAQs on what is listed, spamtraps and post-SMTP 'Bounces' for likely causes of your listing.

1. Requesting de-listing without finding and fixing the problem first is VERY stupid. You only get one chance, and we don't get to see the reasons for listing and so can't help.

2. You are NOT listed just for an increase in traffic. It is almost certain you were hitting spamtaps, but as you de-listed we shall never know.

3. Please see FAQs on what is listed, spamtraps and post-SMTP 'Bounces' for likely causes of your listing.

41833[/snapback]

Hello,

just some points:

If I do not know the reason of blacklisting, I can not fix the problem....

We are NOT open relay, we force smtp authorization for accessing, we are NOT using standard password for accessing standard accounts..... and I may continue.

For this reason I have asked to be delisted. For this reason I'm NOT stupid.

Furthremore, nothing was changed in our configuration, and for what I know I'm not again in your black list......

The only "strange" issue was a user that that use that server for sending, and was solved....

You should tells me why I'm finished on your list... even if I have requested to be delisted... dont' you have a log ? :-)

It is possible that spamcop perform a mistake (as your dra007 stated)...

..... It may also be that SC is falsely blamed for the block......

Probably I'm not a spam guru, just an admin that is trying to do his job in a good way.... and sorry if I was strong, but I do not like to be attached.... (that was the impression of your last post).

Bye.

Probably I'm not a spam guru, just an admin that is trying to do his job in a good way.... and sorry if I was strong, but I do not like to be attached.... (that was the impression of your last post).

41840[/snapback]

Sorry, even the least stupid people do stupid things from time to time: I know I do. Nothing personal. My point was that you did not know the reason for blacklisting and your precipitate action has stopped us from finding out and helping you to reamin off the list.

You can check your listing status by following the link that you should have received in the rejection message, or here. If you requested delisting and reesponded to the email that spamcop sent then you are delisted immediately. SpamCop is automatic and very dynamic - servers are always delisted within 24 hours of last complaint/spamtrap hit, usualy sooner.

There are however no reports of real persons, so I suspect it was spamtraps that got you in trouble if any.. It may also be that SC is falsely blamed for the block.

41826[/snapback]

From the empty two pages of Report History, I can only conclude that there were approx. 11-20 spamtrap hits.

If I do not know the reason of blacklisting, I can not fix the problem....

41840[/snapback]

That is why you ask for an explanation first, fix the problem, then ask for delist.
We are NOT open relay, we force smtp authorization for accessing, we are NOT using standard password for accessing standard accounts..... and I may continue.

41840[/snapback]

None of which are reasons to be listed on spamcop's list. The only reason for listing is that spam was reported coming from the listed IP in numbers great enough to be seen as a percentage of your overall traffic.

For this reason I have asked to be delisted. For this reason I'm NOT stupid.

41840[/snapback]

He explained himself already. Not a stupid person, just an act that decreases the chance you can get an answer to your questions.

Furthremore, nothing was changed in our configuration, and for what I know I'm not again in your black list......

41840[/snapback]

YET, but see below...

The only "strange" issue was a user that that use that server for sending, and was solved....

41840[/snapback]

This is the LIKELY problem.

You should tells me why I'm finished on your list... even if I have requested to be delisted... dont' you have a log ? :-)

41840[/snapback]

You are conversing in a peer to peer group as shown on the top of every page. We have no access to the logs. There is contact information in the FAQs to contact the people with the logs.

It is possible that spamcop perform a mistake (as your dra007 stated)...

..... It may also be that SC is falsely blamed for the block......

41840[/snapback]

dra007 stated that spamcop is sometimes mistakenly BLAMED for a block that is not caused by spamcop. That is not the case because you were listed and then delisted yourself.

Bye.

41840[/snapback]

Many of us here are also admins. My thoughts on doing things the "good way" are slightly different that yours, however. I would have (and did when I first learned about blocklists) first figured out why it was listed, fix the problem, then request delisting. The list I was on would not delist without retesting the problem, but then, spamcop's test is that spam is received, so there is no "test" other than time.

Archived