Blackberry BIS Integraton

dalber2

I use spamcop to scrub my mail and for its IMAP function. With the upgrade to BIS 2.0 blackberry now is able to integrate with IMAP accounts.

However, some actions muse be taken on the back end for sync with Sent Items folders and instant push email.

I have included the link from RIM's website which explains the upgrades.

BIS Upgrade

However, it does not say what the email admin must do to make said changes, if you(the admins) are either unable or do not have the time, I would be happy to make the phone calls and give you the info.

If it would be at all possible to make said changes I would appreciate it.

Dan

I use spamcop to scrub my mail and for its IMAP function. With the upgrade to BIS 2.0 blackberry now is able to integrate with IMAP accounts.

However, some actions muse be taken on the back end for sync with Sent Items folders and instant push email.

41971[/snapback]

First of all you would need to email support[at]spamcop.net to contact the email administrator. This is a peer-peer user group.

What I am reading there is that all that is required on the email provider end is IMAP4 support. "telnet imap.spamcop.net 143" tells me they currently support IMAP4rev1 so it should be all set. Now the way spamcop has the Sent Mail folder as a folder within the Inbox folder may cause some applications problems, but I'm not sure you are going to get JT to change the way the accounts are setup globally. You can, of course, ask.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out and/or if you get it working let us know how so we can add it to the FAQ here. I can forsee others posing the same question.

Archived