Webmail down? imap works

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just tried adding an attachment, & got the following error:

DB Error: no such table

Same here...I don't regularly use the webmail, so I have no idea how long this function has been broken.

[edit: I've sent an email to SC support]

DT

Trying to attach a variety of small files (binary and ascii) to a draft email. Using Firefox and IE, in http and https mode, after pressing "attach", webmail takes an appropriate amount of time to upload the file, but always returns with the following error atop the composed email:

confirmed, the attachment is *not* getting attached. This is for both attachment and inline mode.

any ideas?

Moderator edit: merged this post into this existing Topic/Discussion. PM sent to advise of the Move/Merge.

It's odd that the statistic page doesn't show a drop in reporting, I still can't access the heldmail page, webmail works, IMAP is slugish but also works... anyone knows what is happening? (6:20pm EST)

42234[/snapback]

The ONLY issue I am seeing is the inability to attach files. I just accessed Held Email and reported there with no problem. Also not seeing slow access in webmail.

Trying to attach a variety of small files (binary and ascii) to a draft email.  Using Firefox and IE, in http and https mode, after pressing "attach", webmail takes an appropriate amount of time to upload the file, but always returns with the following error atop the composed email:

confirmed, the attachment is *not* getting attached.  This is for both attachment and inline mode.

any ideas?

42235[/snapback]

This is being discussed in the other thread now active, but that is also discussing other errors. Perhaps those specific items should be moved here r this one moved there?

In that thread, it was mentioned support has been contacted.

Everything's very slow from here - just tried quick reporting half a dozen spams from the webmail interface and it took several minutes to respond. The system also claimed to have deleted the reported items but hadn't.

So there seems to be some problem, possibly with the back-end DB.

SnowDog

In addtion to webmail being sluggish and can't attach files...

Switching to a different folder and then clicking on a message often results in a " There was an error viewing the requested message." Then the orginal folder contents is displayed (the folder from before switching).

It seems work better if the browser "compare the page in cache" setting is switched from "When the page is out of date" to "Every time I view the page".

But then I could just be fooling myself.

Using Mozilla 1.6 on W95.

Switching to a different folder and then clicking on a message often results in a " There was an error viewing the requested message."  Then the orginal folder contents is displayed (the folder from before switching).

It seems work better if the browser "compare the page in cache" setting is switched from "When the page is out of date" to "Every time I view the page".

42249[/snapback]

This is an old issue and has been there since I started using webmail (2-3 years now). I have actually NOT seen this personally for almost a year, but others have reported it.

This is an old issue and has been there since I started using webmail (2-3 years now).  I have actually NOT seen this personally for almost a year, but others have reported it.

42250[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I run into it once a week or so. Since the start of yesterday's slow-down, it went to 100% so I thought it was relevant.

As of this moment, my webmail is acting normally, including this business. The issue (the issues staring yesterday) may be resolved.

Can anyone assist me with this problem. I've used Spamcop for couple years and suddenly I can't attach photos of 278 KB or so.

Get "DB Error---unknown or DB Error -No such table. Message appears with inline or attach attempts.

Would like to get instructions how to reinstall my account if driver involved.

Moderator edit: Merged "new" post into this existing Topic. PM sent to advise of the Move/Merge.

The ONLY issue I am seeing is the inability to attach files.  I just accessed Held Email and reported there with no problem.  Also not seeing slow access in webmail.

42236[/snapback]

Same here. I've tried in IE & FF, but get the DB error.

Not that it's any help, but .... just left a voicemail request for a call-back from JT ... asking for something I can post about what's going on, based on the size, length of this Topic, multople and varied issues, and that there hasn't been an announcement posted on the "E-Mail news page" since the day of the power outage .... Previous phone calls had the phone ringing for quite a while before kicking over to the 'leave a message' action .. this time it picked up so fast, I thought I'd gotten him live... but the 'unstructions' kicked in ... I tried (again) ....

Though the error messages suggested thus far do seem to be pretty apparent that the (My)SQL connection is failed, I did go through the Horde FAQ to see if there anything else 'known' .... nothing that really seemed appropriate. Link provided in the SpamCop FAQ here if someone that actually has the error message on-screen wants to double-check.

As of this posting date/time. I am continuing to see VERY sluggish logon times to WEBMAIL interface. Sometimes it improves, but then reverts again. Once logged in, everything (at least to me!) sails along at speeds comparable to prior to the outage.

It was rock-solid consistant before the outage..

I've just encountered the problem today. I was trying to attach a small file (200kb) to an email and encountered the following error: "Error DB Error: no such table".. I tried an even smaller file, 5kb gif, and also encountered the same error.

I thought it might be my browser since I'm using Firefox, so I tried the same thing on IE, and it also had the same error.

Anyone else encounter the same problem? Anyone know what's going on? Everything else seems to work.

Moderator edit: Merged this 'new' post into the existing Topic/Discussion. PM sent to advise of the Move/Merge.

Anyone else encounter the same problem?  Anyone know what's going on?  Everything else seems to work.

42262[/snapback]

File attachments have not worked since the crash last week. It does not appear to matter what browser people are using as it appears to be a system problem.

By mesages here, JT is aware of it, but I have not contacted suppoort[at]spamcop.net myself so do not know if those messages have had replies. If it is affecting your use of the service (and it appears it is), you may wish to contact him yourself.

Webmail seems to be acting up again.  It's running in fits and starts, with extremely slow response, or at times none at all.

42285[/snapback]

The problem with fits an starts is that I obviously just hit a start so everything was working fine for me.

;)

Andrew

What I am experiencing is still basically the same thing this the crash, on the LOGON portion to WEBMAIL.. I just attempted to logon and it was agonizingly slow. Slow to get the LOGON page, slow to complete the LOGON.

Once you are logged on... all seems fine!

Response time within webmail is good!

Ping times to webmail.spamcop.net are running about 39ms.

It seems something is bogging down the logon / initial process.

Archived