Listed ? or not Listed?

rurikhan

Hello,

I will be honest, I'm having a big problem here with spamcop.net and I'll start from the beggining...

I created this e-mail (rurikhan[at]gmail.com) a while ago and used it to replace my old hotmail account, however when replacing an hotmail account you have to bare in mind of all the contacts you have in MSN, so I sent about 80 e-mails to all my contacts in order to notify them I was changing my e-mail, I dunno if this was when you considered I was spamming or not, anyway I went to your blocking list to check to see if my e-mail was listed as spammer my e-mail is rurikhan[at]gmail.com , and if you check your list it says that I'm not a spammer, however whenever i send e-mails to some adresses I get this message :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

constantino.modesto[at]palexpo.pt

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 554 O Endereço de onde está a enviar o seu email, está listado na Spamcop.net como Spammer!! Por favor verifique com o seu ISP!

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.49.92.2 with SMTP id u2mr3439128nfl;

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

Return-Path: <rurikhan[at]gmail.com>

Received: from ?192.168.0.155? ( [87.103.52.69])

by mx.gmail.com with ESMTP id o9sm1694179nfa.2006.04.28.03.09.23;

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

In-Reply-To: <70CE6795-5A21-4AC9-B5AE-21B38AD93264[at]gmail.com>

References: <001501c6651a$0f777580$6500a8c0[at]psy> <70CE6795-5A21-4AC9-B5AE-21B38AD93264[at]gmail.com>

Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v749.3)

X-Priority: 3

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-1-408034501

Message-Id: <09F48715-3FE7-4D7D-A846-DE4A7B0C73A8[at]gmail.com>

Cc: Constantino Modesto <constantino.modesto[at]palexpo.pt>,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Alegria?= <josealegr[at]gmail.com>,

vascocartuxo <vascocartuxo[at]sapo.pt>,

prime[at]ptprime.pt

Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Pedido_de_Informa=E7=E3o?=

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:09:18 +0100

To: elisabete.m.silva[at]telecom.pt

X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.749.3)

--Apple-Mail-1-408034501

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset=ISO-8859-1;

delsp=yes;

format=flowed

"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the error message is this :

"PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 554 O Endereço de onde está a enviar o seu email, está listado na Spamcop.net como Spammer!! Por favor verifique com o seu ISP!"

and it's written in portuguese, but if you translate it, you get something like, "The e-mail adress from where you're sending this email is listed in spamcop.net as a spammer, please check with your ISP".

Well I already know for sure that my ISP has nothing to do with it, and if i'm not in the list, then why do my e-mails keep getting blocked ? this seriouly troublesome and is causing me some serious problems at work and such, my boss keeps repreending me for using other ppl's emails but i have no choice !! I simply can't use my own email because of your list, please look into this, thanks in advance.

Rui Modesto

I will be honest, I'm having a big problem here with spamcop.net and I'll start from the beggining...

I created this e-mail (rurikhan[at]gmail.com) a while ago and used it to replace my old hotmail account, however when replacing an hotmail account you have to bare in mind of all the contacts you have in MSN, so I sent about 80 e-mails to all my contacts in order to notify them I was changing my e-mail, I dunno if this was when you considered I was spamming or not, anyway I went to your blocking list to check to see if my e-mail was listed as spammer my e-mail is rurikhan[at]gmail.com , and if you check your list it says that I'm not a spammer, however whenever i send e-mails to some adresses I get this message :

Well I already know for sure that my ISP has nothing to do with it, and if i'm not in the list, then why do my e-mails keep getting blocked ? this seriouly troublesome and is causing me some serious problems at work and such, my boss keeps repreending me for using other ppl's emails but i have no choice !! I simply can't use my own email because of your list, please look into this, thanks in advance.

42392[/snapback]

First of all, it has nothing to do with your email address. Spamcop only lists IP addresses of machines which have sent spam. Second of all, while some of your contacts MAY have reported your address change email as spam (it is the receiver wo reports the spam to spamcop, not the oter way around) it is unlikely that those 80 messages, even if all reported, would have been enough percentage wise to list gmail's servers.

Some of GMail's servers were possibly already listed when you send the message. I only scanned the error but did not see the error mention what IP address it was seeing as listed.

It is also possible it was not spamcop listing it at all, but some other BL. There are many instances where spamcop's name is used as a place to find information about BL's in general while the actual block is caused by another of the 1000's of BL's available on the internet (or internally at the receiving end).

Your solution is to 1. Complain to GMail (your email provider) that your messages are not going through or 2. to find another way to send your emails.

Archived