Yahoo bounce backs

I run a small business which relies on email contact but many of my clients complain that mail they are sending to me is bounced back by Spamcop. Outgoing mail from me is not effected. It seems that a vast majority of the mails use the Yahoo.co.uk

I am also a member of a couple of Yahoogroups who automatically terminate my membership because their mails are bounced back - and I have to reregister.

My ISP says there is nothing he can do but the problem is costing me a lot of clients and cash.

Is Yahoo.co.uk particularly vulnerable to this problem. Any ideas ?

Not sure why you are asking here unless your email is sent from a Spamcop email account.

If you want more assistance on why your mail is being blocked then you will have to produce some more information such as the error message or the IP address that is being blocked.

I run a small business which relies on email contact

42637[/snapback]

Hi, Movutomu!

...IMHO, this is not very wise. E-mail is not (and there is no prospect that it will be, in the near future) a guaranteed delivery mechanism.

but many of my clients complain that mail they are sending to me is bounced back by Spamcop.

42637[/snapback]

...Generally, SpamCop can not bounce messages (although it could bounce messages that were being delivered to SpamCop e-mail clients, I don't think it does that, either). There are ISPs that use the SpamCop blacklist and (against SpamCop's recommendation, although that is their right) bounce messages that come from IP addresses in that blocklist and, from your description, your ISP is doing this. Another possibility is that your ISP is bouncing messages for some other reason and including a note in the bounce message that blames SpamCop.
Outgoing mail from me is not effected. It seems that a vast majority of the mails use the Yahoo.co.uk

I am also a member of a couple of Yahoogroups who automatically terminate my membership because their mails are bounced back - and I have to reregister.

42637[/snapback]

...If you search through other messages in this forum, you will see that Yahoo is often mentioned as insufficiently diligent about stopping spam, so their servers do make appearances on the SpamCop blacklist.
My ISP says there is nothing he can do but the problem is costing me a lot of clients and cash.

<snip>

42637[/snapback]

...That's unfortunate. Perhaps you need to switch ISPs to one that is more helpful; for example, that allows you to whitelist the e-mail addresses of your customers.

Thanks for your assistance -

A sample bounce back message states "connected to 22.33.444.150 but sender was rejected. Remote host said: 553.5.3.0 spam blocked see:http//spamcop.net/bl.shtm1?217.146.176.252"

All the senders seem to get a similar message wether they are broadband, dialup, private or business, uk or overseas.

Movutomu

Yes, just read the suggested string concerning Yahoo - but I have also had complaints from a number of .org senders and one fastwebnet.it

My business is quite legitimate - I'm a .co.uk - but many of my clients are private individuals.

This Topic posted into the SpamCop Email System & Accounts Forum section, defined as;

A forum for questions and discussion about the SpamCop Email System and spamcop.net email accounts. Questions about spam reporting should generally be directed to the appropriate forum, not this one.

Though hinted at, pointed out, asked .. there has been no answer as to whether a SpamCop.net e-mail address is involved anywhere in this query ....

Error message offered up ....

connected to 22.33.444.150

NetRange: 22.0.0.0 - 22.255.255.255

CIDR: 22.0.0.0/8

NetName: DISNET

OrgName: DoD Network Information Center

OrgID: DNIC

Address: 3990 E. Broad Street

City: Columbus

StateProv: OH

PostalCode: 43218

not spamcop.net

see:http//spamcop.net/bl.shtm1?217.146.176.252

217.146.176.252 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...217.146.176.252

Addresses in yahoo.com used to send email - Showing 1 - 50 out of 5848

At this point, the question would be .. Move this to the Blocking List Help Forum section or merge it with the (currently selected) Yahoo blocked discussion ....

However, the additional comment "also had complaints from a number of .org senders and one fastwebnet.it seems to more point to the BL forum .... however, there is the understanding the picture part that I'm wrestling with here ....

Posting via a U.K. IP address

legitimate business - unidentified

U.S. DoD IP address offered as a connection point

Query starts with a yahoo.co.ik IP address, but then unidentified .org and a .it domain is tossed into the mix ...

I'm going to delete the posts that quote other posts but have no additional content, then move this to the BL Forum .. until something else show up to explain what's actually happening (where) ....

Please forgive my lack of email knowhow - my expertise is in the audio field.

All I can say to repeat the problem - many clients are complaining that their emails to me are bouncing back accompanied by a page which gives spamcop as the reason for rejection and I have copied to you what I supposed was the important information. Many of the senders are yahoo.co.uk but also some .org and one fastwebnet.it

Almost ever day now I get a phone call from a client reporting the problem.

If I have sent to the wrong forum please forgive me - its my lack of knowhow.

Please repost to the appropriate forum

Why don't you use your "legitimate" domain mail server to send your email?

I suspect he is, but that was not his problem. His problem is with receiving email. His ISP is using the spamcop BL to block rather than filter email, which spamcop itself advises against.

The only thing you can do on your end would be to find a new ISP that offers reliable email delivery as part of their service.

connected to 22.33.444.150 but sender was rejected. Remote host said: 553.5.3.0 spam blocked see:http//spamcop.net/bl.shtm1?217.146.176.252

Did you change that first IP address, or is this the actual error message your client received? If so, then you ISP is making up their IP address as 22.33.444.150 is NOT a real IP address.

Did you change that first IP address, or is this the actual error message your client received? If so, then you ISP is making up their IP address as 22.33.444.150 is NOT a real IP address.

42657[/snapback]

Geeze .... you won'r believe what I went through to get some kind of info on what I copied, pasted ... I was even checking my own systems/connections out to figure out why I wasn't coming back with anything ... unbeliebably now, I got the result I pasted above from dnsstuff .... wondering now whether to follow that up with a note to R. Perry about this bad result .. of course, after slapping my fingers a few times at not seeing that extra 4 ... Thanks Telerin!

Of course, dropping one of the 4's still leaves it in the same network ....

there's almost assuredly a missing leading digit also .... or as you say, the damn thing was made up ....

Archived