relaying denied

banjo@cqmail.net

Hi,

I get a "relaying denied" error message when sending a message using my online spam cop email. I know this can happen when a person has two different email accounts and is using one email address and sending the mail through another mail server but does anyone have any idea why this would happen when using my spamcop emailaddress and sending via spamcops online control panel?

thanks

John

From the Email Setup instructions - "SpamCop does not provide SMTP service to its

Customers from their computers"

So it would seem to me that if you look at the rejection notice a bit closer, one would guess that you're trying to send e-mail through "your ISP" but using your SpamCop address, and "your ISP" isn't going to allow that.

Note: this information provided solely based on words provided by original poster. Specific data and even a guarantee could have been provided had the poster provided the contents of the rejection notice only referred to in the original post <g>

Hi,

The mail was sent via the spamcop online mail rather than using Outlook Express or a pc based email program. As you say, spamcop does not provide smtp service to be used on a computer but it does allow members to send via their control panel which is the method I used. Sorry if this was not explained clearly in my first post.

thanks

John

Hi, Here are the headers from the error message received...........

Return-Path: <>

Delivered-To: cqmail-net-banjo[at]cqmail.net

Received: (qmail 22283 invoked from network); 9 Mar 2004 18:45:31 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO c60.cesmail.net) (192.168.1.105)

by blade6.cesmail.net with SMTP; 9 Mar 2004 18:45:31 -0000

Received: from unknown (0.0.0.0)

by c60.cesmail.net with ; 09 Mar 2004 13:45:31 -0500

Date: 09 Mar 2004 13:45:31 -0500

To: banjo[at]cqmail.net

From: Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON[at]c60.cesmail.net>

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="1181791953020334.c60.cesmail.net"

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on blade6

X-spam-Level:

X-spam-Status: hits=0.0 tests=none version=2.63

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.105 0.0.0.0

--1181791953020334.c60.cesmail.net

content-type: text/plain

The following message to <dbmitten[at]mitten-realty-services.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 <dbmitten[at]mitten-realty-services.com>... Relaying denied'

you may not want to post them, but what I'd rather see are the headers of the outgoing e-mail that caused this rejection notice. I don't use the e-mail side of th ehouse, so I can only go with the data found over in the set-up instructions at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=5 and the previously remarks by JeffT and JeffG that SMTP is not provided by SpamCop. So as I'm shooting in the dark here, especially without seeing the headers asked for, guess I'll also wait for someone else that has the inside knowledge to come along and educate both of us ..

This doesn't appear to be a problem with SpamCop at all. It appears that mailhub.myrealpage.com (the only MX for mitten-realty-services.com) is refusing mail for all addresses in the mitten-realty-services.com domain from everywhere.

I have notified the Postmasters of mailhub.myrealpage.com and myrealpage.com via email.

Also, abuse[at]myrealpage.com bounces, and I have submitted the bounce to RFC-Ignorant.Org.

cqmail.net,Mar 10 2004, 02:36 PM] Many thanks for your help and solving of the question.  I trust your emails to the appropriate people will have the mail back up and running soon.

You're welcome.

If you have another way of contacting that person, I suggest that you use it, and urge that person to contact the hosting provider using the info on http://www.myrealpage.com/about.html

Archived