Blacklisted ... I know why

r3dlight

Possible glitch there, as I've not heard anymore since, and one of the statistices pages is still showing some funky data ... see Don's reply at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6373

Sorry about that....I glossed over that post thinking it was more of the same about quick reporting not working.

How about running a local LDAP server and syncing it with your users' LDAP servers several times a day (and provide LDAP for those users who do not run their own)? You can then run your Postfix queries against your local LDAP server. That should stop almost all of the 'invalid recipient' rejects from those users. I don't know what to suggest regarding 'over-quota' rejects other than modify Postfix to to stop the bounce and write custom software to hold the rejected mails and put them back on the queue some time later, or drop your SMTP forwarding service and instead provide IMAP/POP3 accounts for your users.

I'm seeing less than 500ms latency to a mail server in South Africa. The example you showed must have some pretty exotic routing, congested lines, and/or significant VPN encryption delays.

Archived