ARG! Mail is blocked! HELP!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, really. if it wasn't for your lack of 'performance', there wouldn't be a need to sell you these pills...
And can people really be that despriate that they buy into this crap to maybe save a few bucks and risk their health in the process by buying drugs from unknown sources; or maybe just risk their pocket books if it is a total scam?

Based on the volume of this crap, it seems that they must be that stupid.

PS I enjoyed your post Jank1887, which is why I included it in my post. Just incase someone totally misreads my post, it has nothing to due with the quoted post, other than it made me laugh, which I needed today. So thanks Jank1887 for posting it

Back up for about two minutes and then listed again. Great! I called DirectAir, they said it's IXWebhosting. IXWebhosting says it's DirectAir. Yippee! And *I* still can't send mail. So glad to see the spammers are still spamming away! I guess without them, there would be no need for spamcop! Gosh, I havne't been able to send mail from those two accounts for about two weeks now! Yippeee! They still get lots of spam though. Yeeeeaaaaahhhh! You really need the cheerleader smilie.

BTW, I sent directair a link to these threads. With one of my emails that's actually still working. I don't know if anyone will actually stop in, but if they do, maybe you can make some sense to them, because I sure don't get it. I mean, if you're goign to block somebody, you might try blocking spammers. Let THEM deal with this BS, they're the ones sending spam!

Someday I would like to be unblocked again so I can send mail. It's not spamcop, it's not directair, it's not IXwebhosting, it's not my computer. What a freakin' ordeal! THIS SUX! :P

SW

Back up for about two minutes and then listed again. Great! I called DirectAir, they said it's IXWebhosting. IXWebhosting says it's DirectAir.

Please provide some real data and research can commence.

Yippee! And *I* still can't send mail. So glad to see the spammers are still spamming away! I guess without them, there would be no need for spamcop! Gosh, I havne't been able to send mail from those two accounts for about two weeks now!

And still you make stuff up to cover ground that you don't yet understand. There is nothing available in the SpamCop.net toolset that could possibly "stop you from sending e-mail" ..... The worst case scenario is that you keep trying to send an e-mail to someone that is using the SpamCopDNSBL in a "blocking" mode ..... which as "we" keep saying, is even against SpamCop.net recommendations. The point is that you can still send e-mail from these accounts to other folks all around the world, except for those folks that use an ISP that has chosen to use the SpamCopDNSBL in a "blocking" mode .... read this three or four times, as you seem to have ignored this the previous hundred times it's been posted.

Yippeee! They still get lots of spam though. Yeeeeaaaaahhhh! You really need the cheerleader smilie.

And for some reason, you seem to think that thus is "our" fault? There is no one here that has any control over your ISP's e-mail servers.

BTW, I sent directair a link to these threads. With one of my emails that's actually still working. I don't know if anyone will actually stop in, but if they do, maybe you can make some sense to them, because I sure don't get it. I mean, if you're goign to block somebody, you might try blocking spammers. Let THEM deal with this BS, they're the ones sending spam!

There has simply been too much work trying to explain how things work, you've ignored reading any of it from appearances .... You start this out by stating that even your own providers don't have a clue, yet ... as stated above, you haven't really provided sufficient data here either ... so all discussion is based on work done to try to develop data based on what data has been offered ... all that work is still in existence within the Topic .. but again noting that you've not answered / followed up on a lot of previously posted details ... so perhaps it's not all your provider's fault that they don't understand your 'problem' either ...???? For instance, the basic premise that "you can not send any e-mail" is just plain silly, especially when they check things out and see that all their other customers are able to "send e-mail" .....

Someday I would like to be unblocked again so I can send mail. It's not spamcop, it's not directair, it's not IXwebhosting, it's not my computer. What a freakin' ordeal! THIS SUX! :P

Please pay some attention to all the work that other folks have (apparently wasted) provided thus far .... once again, I ask that you start from the beginning, except this time actually get down to just how you cannot yet understand the real theme .. SpamCop.net cannot "block your e-mail" .....

I can state that I'm more than tired of trying to show you where the problem is stemming from, complete with numbers and details ..... surely you know enough "English" to recognize that +1472% in traffic flow seen within the last 24 hours while the system is listed and a number like -29% when it isn't listed is something of "value" in understanding the actual "problem" .... the real question is "why can't your ISP" .. though your repeated rantings don't help resolve anything .... provide one of those "your e-mail was blocked" messages so that the specific details can be seen, analyzed, and talked to ....

Glad you are in better spirits this time :D

Spammers have ruined email but what is worse is ISP's that do nothing. Hang in there I am sure it will get resolved if your provider decides to take some action.

here is the latest:

Submitted: Monday, July 10, 2006 5:40:33 PM -0400:

She wants a better sex? All you need's here!

1832933914 ( 209.181.18.177 ) To: abuse-nonverbose[at]qwest.net

QWest seems to be getting the abuse reports.

209.181.18.177 is still in a few blocklists.

There are some examples found here: http://psbl.surriel.com/evidence?ip=209.18...=Check+evidence

HTH HAND

Can someone translate this for me please! This is from the ISP:

This is not our email server, you send to mail.directairnet.com, which is 63.227.167.31, which is not in theie spam database, the reason 209.181.18.177 is listed #1 as it is not a email server its our firewall which your behind, you should be sending through mail.directairnet.com which is 63.227.167.31, #2 reason as in powell there are many systems their that are infected with worms, a worm tries to act as its own email server which is why our firewall is banned, which is no big deal our email server will accept it anyway, however if you are trying to act as a email server sending out you would run into trouble, or if the web hosting company you are using is using spamcop and stops you from using their mail server, well it will stop it, if (yourwebmail).com is stopping your email you need to contact them and tell them to allow 209.181.18.177 in their white list or anytime a powell customer gets a worm or virus your going to be banned, again for normal customers this is not a issue as our mail server is a completly different address, and most customers dont become a mail server or send to a outside mail server unless they have a worm, I use spamcop myself, its not our servers that are blocking you, as you said 209.181.18.177 is our firewall they are blocking you from sending to them

Now it's a firewall. GRR!

SW

This is the error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'email[at]aol.com'. Subject 'Re: (no subject)', Account: 'mail.yourwebmail.com', Server: 'mail.yourwebmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?209.181.18.177', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Actually it says exactly what it means.

You have your email set up to use the WRONG SMTP server.

You need to change your setup.

Since this is apparently over your head, you need to hire someone with the technical knowledge to configure the web server to use the correct SMTP server for outgoing mail.

Put another way, your SMTP server must be on the other side of the firewall. And if the ISP was really setting things up right, none of your mail should ever go through under the current configueration.

They do not care that the firewall gets blocked. Their point is that NO mail should be going out of it anyway, it should be pointed to their SMTP server which is on the other side of the firewall.

To explain it any better, we need to see the full and complete set of headers from your outgoing mail server.

Please post copies of the mail headers and then we will have a change at telling you what is wrong.

We need to know exactly how mail.mywebsite.com is set up. That is only a server name. It tells us nothing about how it is setup.

Basicly you are saying that your car is not running right. It just stops running at times. How can I fix it. and you have not told us anything about the car itself. Make, Model, type of fuel being used, etc.

You are asking technical questions but not provide any data to work with.

Example.

Word says I have miss spelled words in the document. They look right to me. What is wrong, How can I fix it.

With out a copy of the document. how can anyone tell you if the words are spelled right or wrong.

How is it wrong? It's mail.mywebsite.com they're ALL that way, with each website having its own mail. 5 websites, 5 email address. Only two are bad. So what exactly is wrong!

SW

mail.mywebsite.com is NOT the address you have shown the error you were having a problem with.

host 209.181.18.177 = powell.directairnet.com is the address you reported having problems, so some system (the one you are having problems emailing from) is configured to use that to send the email instead of mail.directairnet.com (checking ip) = 63.227.167.31 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

host 209.181.18.177 = powell.directairnet.com is the address you reported having problems, so some system (the one you are having problems emailing from) is configured to use that to send the email instead of mail.directairnet.com (checking ip) = 63.227.167.31 not listed in bl.spamcop.net
And powel.directairnet.com does not care if 209.181.18.177 is blocked because it is NOT suppose to be used to send mail. And that is why they say it is not their problem, because its not!!!

Who setup your Web Servers?

Who ever did, did it wrong.

They need to fix it.

If it was you, they you need to hire someone that knows what they are doing.

First of all what email client are you using? Outlook, Outlook Express etc....

We can work this out.

Merlyn, I think it is more complicated that that. I do not believe that there is an email client involved, but that the web server itself is acting like an email server and sending out the mail directly as an automatic reply to entries made on the web sever via a customers browser.

I'm using Outlook Express.

My thought is maybe I ought to find a new hosting service for the two blocked emails/sites. Because ever since I switched hosting (I get to host two sites with one account with that hosting service, so I picked those two. I don't use them for much, mostly entertainment.) I am bombarded with spam daily. So I imagine that has something to do with me being blocked. I used to have domain forwarding and never had this problem, and was still using mail.mywebsite.com to get mail. The host I am using now is el cheapo.

When you say 'how is it set up' I'm not sure exactly what you mean. They are all set up like this:

Incoming: mail.mywebsitename.com

Outgoing: mail.mywebsitename.com

with a password.

The authentication is the same as outgoing mail server.

Who set up my web servers? The hosting company I guess. All I do is put up a few pictures in frontpage and hit save. How it gets up there is beyond me. :)

I don't want to put MyUserName[at]directairnet.com to send mail, I want to use my website name. That's why I don't want to change it to mail.directairnet.com Besides, I tried it once and it didn't work. Probably because I dno't have a mail account with them. Just internet access.

Thanks for helping me,

Sarina

Moderator edit: email address munged to remove actual user name.

Thank you... please stay focused....Receiving spam is not related to being blocked while sending spam, which is the issue we are working with you about.

In Outlook Express, which I hope is the client you are using when getting the error message you posted earlier, click Tools, Accounts, Mail tab... How many Accounts do you have configured?

For each account configured, Click Properties, Servers tab. Please report the entry for the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" field.

I am bombarded with spam daily. So I imagine that has something to do with me being blocked.

spam coming in has nothing to do with your email being blocked by other servers. It is spam going out of the same mail server you are using that gets your email blocked.

I am about as clueless as you are about websites and how one gets email through a hosting company instead of with your internet service.

Put another way, your SMTP server must be on the other side of the firewall. And if the ISP was really setting things up right, none of your mail should ever go through under the current configueration.

They do not care that the firewall gets blocked. Their point is that NO mail should be going out of it anyway, it should be pointed to their SMTP server which is on the other side of the firewall.

The way I understand this is that, for some reason, the way your email that is being blocked is set up, it is trying to go through a firewall which it shouldn't do. 'point' means using the address of the SMTP server on the other side of the firewall for setting up your email connection, I think. And it sounds to me that, for some reason, the firewall itself is sending out spam from infected machines so that is why it is blocked. It is not supposed to be used for sending email (that's why the worms and viruses use it). You are also using it to send email. I think you can still use your domain name to send email (at least that's where people think it is coming from), but 'point' your email through a real SMTP server.

Unless you want to learn how to set up everything correctly, I think I would use the host of the ones that do work for all of my domains, if I were you.

To use the car analogy, what is going wrong is that you are trying to use diesel fuel in a car that is not made to use diesel fuel. Or maybe more accurately, you are trying to start the car with the door key. Just because your other car has the same key for the door and ignition doesn't mean that this car works the same way.

Miss Betsy

When you say 'how is it set up' I'm not sure exactly what you mean. They are all set up like this:

Incoming: mail.mywebsitename.com

Outgoing: mail.mywebsitename.com

with a password.

The authentication is the same as outgoing mail server.

I dno't want to put myname[at]directairnet.com to send mail, I want to use my website name. That's why I don't want to change it to mail.directairnet.com Besides, I tried it once and it didn't work. Probably because I dno't have a mail account with them. Just internet access.

Well it looks like we are finally getting to the problem and it also looks like Merlyn and StevenUnderwood's crystal ball is working better than mine.

So to restate. Your web site forwards mail to you which you read with outlook express and then reply to it from your computer using outlook express.

You have to setup an email account with the domain name you want to use with the Company you are goint to use for an SMTP server.

Outgoing should NOT be mail.mywebsitename.com . It has to be the name of a REAL mail server that is not pointed to send mail through the firewall powel.directairnet.com IP address 209.181.18.177

You can set up an account in Outlook express were the account name is mywebsitename. But that needs to be a valid email address ie, mywebsitename[at]directairnet.com (or any other email provider that is willing to let you have that address. mywesitename[at]mywebsitename.com could also be used provided your email provider will allow it.

Now the next step for you to do is to follow Steve's advise which I will quote and edit slightly just incase it make it clearer

In Outlook Express ...click Tools, Accounts, Mail tab... How many Accounts do you have configured?

For each account configured, Click Properties, Servers tab. Please report the entry for the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" field. along with the name of the associated account

My providing that information we can better assist you.

you should end up with a list that looks something like

MyName - smtp server = xxxxxxdirectairnet.com (xxxx could be something like smtpauth. or mail. etc

MyWebsiteName - smtp server = ?????????????

MyOtherWebsiteName - smtp server = ?????????????

Thank you... please stay focused....Receiving spam is not related to being blocked while sending spam, which is the issue we are working with you about.

In Outlook Express, which I hope is the client you are using when getting the error message you posted earlier, click Tools, Accounts, Mail tab... How many Accounts do you have configured?

For each account configured, Click Properties, Servers tab. Please report the entry for the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" field.

I have 5 email accounts. Under 'servers' and outgoing mail for each account it says:

Acct 1: mail.b*wy.com <--- this one is a domain forwarded acct, hosted on acct 3 server.

Acct 2: mail.j*hot.com <---Also fowarded, hosted on acct 3 server.

Acct 3: mail.je*.com <---hosted with storefront.net

Acct 4: mail.sw*.com <---has own host, but same hosting acct as 5 - Blocked

Acct 5: mail.cats*.com <has own host, same hosting acct as 4. - Blocked - both hosted with ixwebhosting.com

I put stars in for privacy, not that some people couldn't find it anyway, I suppose... Accts 4 and 5 are the affected ones.

Sarina

You have to setup an email account with the domain name you want to use with the Company you are goint to use for an SMTP server.

Outgoing should NOT be mail.mywebsitename.com . It has to be the name of a REAL mail server that is not pointed to send mail through the firewall powel.directairnet.com IP address 209.181.18.177

You can set up an account in Outlook express were the account name is mywebsitename. But that needs to be a valid email address ie, mywebsitename[at]directairnet.com (or any other email provider that is willing to let you have that address. mywesitename[at]mywebsitename.com could also be used provided your email provider will allow it.

Now the next step for you to do is to follow Steve's advise which I will quote My providing that information we can better assist you.

How do I set up outlook express with the domaindirect email, but still have all 5 emails look like they are coming from mail.myacct.com? I know first i have to get an email account from direct air.

I have to reconfigure my phone mail too. Grr.

Sarina

I guess I need to ask another question.

Who is providing the DNS services from your 5 individual domain names?

That is the place you will need to start.

Web services could be pointing one place

email services another.

The email services must be pointed to an email server willing to handle email for that domain.

Another way to ask the same (related question)

Who is the administrative contact for your 5 domains?

I have to reconfigure my phone mail too. Grr.
Only if you are having problems with mail being blocked that is sent from that account.

I guess I need to ask another question.

Who is providing the DNS services from your 5 individual domain names?

That is the place you will need to start.

Web services could be pointing one place

email services another.

The email services must be pointed to an email server willing to handle email for that domain.

Another way to ask the same (related question)

Who is the administrative contact for your 5 domains?

Only if you are having problems with mail being blocked that is sent from that account.

What do you mean by the DNS services?

Adminstrative contatct for Accts 1 and 2 is domaindirect.com

Acct 3 is storefront.net

4 and 5 is ixwebhosting.com.

Is that what you mean?

What do you mean by the DNS services?

Adminstrative contatct for Accts 1 and 2 is domaindirect.com

Acct 3 is storefront.net

4 and 5 is ixwebhosting.com.

Is that what you mean?

And do you have separate email accounts setup with each of them.

If so, what is the format of those addresses?

Example:

Account#1 myname[at]mydomain#1.com or mydomainName#1[at]domaindirect.com ?

Account#3 myname[at]mydomain#3.com or mydomainName#3[at]storefront.net ?

Also how many different names do you get mail address to for each of your domains; assuming that you use that format. ie

name1[at]mydomain#1.com

name2[at]mydomain#1.com

name3[at]mydomain#1.com

name4[at]mydomain#3.com

etc.

I have 5 email accounts. Under 'servers' and outgoing mail for each account it says:

Acct 1: mail.b*wy.com <--- this one is a domain forwarded acct, hosted on acct 3 server.

Acct 2: mail.j*hot.com <---Also fowarded, hosted on acct 3 server.

Acct 3: mail.je*.com <---hosted with storefront.net

Acct 4: mail.sw*.com <---has own host, but same hosting acct as 5 - Blocked

Acct 5: mail.cats*.com <has own host, same hosting acct as 4. - Blocked - both hosted with ixwebhosting.com

I put stars in for privacy, not that some people couldn't find it anyway, I suppose... Accts 4 and 5 are the affected ones.

How do I set up outlook express with the domaindirect email, but still have all 5 emails look like they are coming from mail.myacct.com?

A lot depends upon what extent you want it to look like it is comming from your domain.
I know first i have to get an email account from direct air.

Wrong.

If you want your mail to look like

MyDomainName1[at]ISP#1

MyDomainName2[at]ISP#1

MyDomainName3[at]ISP#1

MyDomainName4[at]ISP#1

MyDomainName5[at]ISP#1

Then all 5 could use the same smtp server as long as that server is willing to allow you to use those particular user names.

As separate issue

Since only Acct4 and 5 are blocked, those two accounts are probably set up wrong and you need to contact ixwebhosting.com and ask them how to sent up Outlook express to use their SMTP servers and what account name you have to use as an address or ask one of your other providers if you can use you other domain name as a email address using there mail services.

Or put one more way.

You have to have a valid email addesses that receives mail and to reply to mail sent to that address so that it truely looks like it came from that address, you have to use the mail services (SMTP server) of the provider that gave you the email address in the first place.

And do you have separate email accounts setup with each of them.

If so, what is the format of those addresses?

Example:

Account#1 myname[at]mydomain#1.com or mydomainName#1[at]domaindirect.com ?

Account#3 myname[at]mydomain#3.com or mydomainName#3[at]storefront.net ?

Also how many different names do you get mail address to for each of your domains; assuming that you use that format. ie

name1[at]mydomain#1.com

name2[at]mydomain#1.com

name3[at]mydomain#1.com

name4[at]mydomain#3.com

etc.

This is how they look and how I want them to look.

sales[at]b*wy.com

sales[at]j*hot.com

sales[at]je*.com

Sarina[at]sw*.com

sarina[at]cats*.com

There is only one mailbox for each name.

Well it looks like we are finally getting to the problem and it also looks like Merlyn and StevenUnderwood's crystal ball is working better than mine.

The terrible part of this late "news" .... go take a look at previous posts, say #38, #39 ..... where I tried pointing to configuration, actual services provided by one of the web-site hosts involved, etc., etc. etc. .... This was an issue that the attempt was made to try to straighten out way back when .... but someone didn't want to follow-up on that work ..... approximately 2.5 months later and "we" arre back to that square one????

BTW: doesn't the following seem a bit strange for a "firewall" response string ?????

telnet 209.181.18.177 25

220 fire ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.9p2/8.12.9; Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:30:13 -0400 (EDT)

I know, we could talk about port forwarding and such, but when described as "not an e-mail server" .....????

Archived