"Does not like recipient"?

I recently tried sending an e-mail to someone who uses SpamCop, and this is the error response I received: "[iP address] does not like recipient. Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host blocked using bl.spamcop.net" Okay, I am not very computer literate so this might seem like a stupid question....but is there an option that a user can select when that person "does not like" the person who is sending them an e-mail? Is that why the error message said the IP address "does not like recipient," i.e. me? Thank you.

but is there an option that a user can select when that person "does not like" the person who is sending them an e-mail? Is that why the error message said the IP address "does not like recipient," i.e. me?

None of the helpful data provided in links deliberately placed in your way appear to not have been looked at. Other Topics/Discussion currently on-going that are aslo about "blocked e-mail" weren't looked at ....

Starting with .. SpamCop.net cannot block your e-mail.

The (unidentifed) receiving ISP is allegedly using the SpamCopDNSBL to manage the income e-mail to their server. Unfortunatlr, the "error message" is incomplete, as the IP address that "wasn't liked" isn't identified. The issue here is that some ISPs have in fact screwed up their configuration, blocking e-mail for "reason A" but using the error message for "reason F" ....

So at this point, nothing to do except suggest you take a look at the SpamCop FAQ provided here, specifically the "Why am I Blocked" entry .. also provided as a link as a Pinned entry in this very Forum section ... then there's the How to ask a question Pinned item ... but as no specific data has been provided, there's no way to provide a specific response ...

Specific data needed: the IP address of the server that your e-mail was sent from ....

I recently tried sending an e-mail to someone who uses SpamCop, and this is the error response I received: "[iP address] does not like recipient. Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host blocked using bl.spamcop.net" Okay, I am not very computer literate so this might seem like a stupid question....but is there an option that a user can select when that person "does not like" the person who is sending them an e-mail? Is that why the error message said the IP address "does not like recipient," i.e. me? Thank you.

No, there isn't. The only option is to complain to your ISP that they are not providing you with reliable email because it has been blocked. Send them the rejection message and the domain name of the email address you received the message from. Insist that they fix it, contact the abuse desk at that domain, contact spamcop, or whatever it is that has to be done so that you can use your email without having your email returned.

If you want to email your correspondent while complaining to your ISP, try signing up for another webmail account, preferably not yahoo or gmail.

Miss Betsy

Archived