Email Reporting

hmhalff

I have both a reporting-only account and an email filtering account. I used up the gigs on the former, so I started reporting spam using the latter, using email reporting to the address provided. Since I switched, the reports submitted by email seem to go into the ether in that I get no confirmation requests whatsoever. Reporting over the web and via webmail works, and email reports to my expired reporting-only account work. Can anybody explain what is going on here?

I have both a reporting-only account and an email filtering account. I used up the gigs on the former, so I started reporting spam using the latter, using email reporting to the address provided. Since I switched, the reports submitted by email seem to go into the ether in that I get no confirmation requests whatsoever. Reporting over the web and via webmail works, and email reports to my expired reporting-only account work. Can anybody explain what is going on here?

It is too early in the morning for me to try to figure out what could be wrong. There is a FAQ Email submissions disappearing that might help you to figure out what it is. You have already done half the tests (like using the webform).

The only thing I can think of that you didn't mention was whether there were 'Unreported spam' if you go to the website after submitting.

Good Luck on figuring it out.

Miss Betsy

1. Check your preferences under the "e-mail account reporting" account ..... That 'address' should also be a valid name/passord construct to log into the www.spamcop.net page.

2. You failed to mention the actual web-mail "reporting process" being used. For example, see the mode described as "Quick-Reporting" .. connection to the web-mail account reporting mode is also mentioned in various places as "VER" - Very Easy Reporting .... (this is my guess as to the likely answer)

3. In the above doesn't answer / resolve the issue, you'll need to provide more data ....

1. Check your preferences under the "e-mail account reporting" account ..... That 'address' should also be a valid name/passord construct to log into the www.spamcop.net page.

2. You failed to mention the actual web-mail "reporting process" being used. For example, see the mode described as "Quick-Reporting" .. connection to the web-mail account reporting mode is also mentioned in various places as "VER" - Very Easy Reporting .... (this is my guess as to the likely answer)

3. In the above doesn't answer / resolve the issue, you'll need to provide more data ....

Thanks for the reply.

1. I'm assuming that, by preferences, you mean the ones at http://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=wizard&stage=1. The address there is my spamcop email address (i.e., the address to which I forward email for filtering and login at pop.spamcop.net).

2. to report, I send a message to my reporting address. The message consists of the raw source that I want to report. I have a scri_pt that cleans up the headers properly. The reporting method worked fine for my old account.

3. I would be happy to provide more data. What would you suggest?

thanks again

hh

It is too early in the morning for me to try to figure out what could be wrong. There is a FAQ Email submissions disappearing that might help you to figure out what it is. You have already done half the tests (like using the webform).

The only thing I can think of that you didn't mention was whether there were 'Unreported spam' if you go to the website after submitting.

Good Luck on figuring it out.

Miss Betsy

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked out the linke you provided. Quite useful. From the post I gather that my reports are never reaching the spamcop servers. Thanks to you, I now have an email address to which I can report this problem.

hh

Archived