All emails blocked

douv

Hello,

Our site Gameloop.be has a huge problem, we're apparently blocked by spamcop...

Every mail sent is coming back to us : for example : (reason: 554 Mail from 195.130.154.49 refused, see RBL server bl.spamcop.net)

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mrouterin.brutele.be.:

<<< 554 Mail from 195.130.154.49 refused, see RBL server bl.spamcop.net

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

As e-commerce site, we can't afford to be blocked completly without knowing EXACTLY who and why is blocking us... In fact, i have a short description : less than 10 people has complained about spam, is that enough to block us ? who're these people ? are you sure of the veracity of what they've sent ??

We can't afford to wait 24h and we're no spammer !!!

thx to let me know

Best regards

David / gameloop.be

195.130.154.49 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in a short time.

Causes of listing

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

DNS error: 195.130.154.49 is hosted.by.hostbasket.com but hosted.by.hostbasket.com is 212.123.6.131 instead of 195.130.154.49

Because of the above problems, express-delisting is not available

Listing History

System has been listed for less than 24 hours.

Other hosts in this "neighborhood" with spam reports

195.130.154.63 195.130.154.129

Can you explain the large increase in output?

Report on IP address: 195.130.154.49

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day 3.1 =700%

Last 30 days 1.3 -88%

Average 2.2

I agree with you that the recent reports seem to be standard for a business like yours but they could still be unsolicited:

Report History:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:07:16 AM -0400:

La newsletter de Gameloop.be (avec nos BABES)

1805017118 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

1805017095 ( http://www.maydayweb.com/emailing/link.php?URL=... ) To: postmaster[at]pandora.be

1805017094 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: postmaster[at]pandora.be

1805017068 ( http://www.maydayweb.com/emailing/link.php?URL=... ) To: abuse[at]pandora.be

1805017061 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: abuse[at]pandora.be

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Monday, April 10, 2006 6:07:29 AM -0400:

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Gagne_maintenant_1_an_de_jeux_vid=E9o_=E0_domicile?=

1714835420 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

1714835419 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: postmaster[at]pandora.be

1714835418 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: abuse[at]pandora.be

Submitted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:11:21 AM -0500:

Lettre d'information

1702946411 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

1702946409 ( http://www.maydayweb.com/emailing/link.php?URL=... ) To: postmaster[at]pandora.be

1702946408 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: postmaster[at]pandora.be

1702946407 ( http://www.maydayweb.com/emailing/link.php?URL=... ) To: abuse[at]pandora.be

1702946406 ( 195.130.154.49 ) To: abuse[at]pandora.be

Can you explain the large increase in output?

I agree with you that the recent reports seem to be standard for a business like yours but they could still be unsolicited:

Of course, i can explain the large increase in output, every month we send a newsletter to people who suscribe to the newsletter...everything is explained in our general conditions but usually, people don't kae time to read the conditions and complain about receiving emails however they are members...

As i understand it, tommorow everything will be normal ?

Other question : is there a way to know who complain in order to provide the proof that they are members?

thx very much

Best regards

david

<snip>

Other question : is there a way to know who complain in order to provide the proof that they are members?

Hi, david!

...Please have a glance at the 'SpamCop FAQ" (there's a link at the top of each SpamCop Forum page), specifically the item labeled "I have been falsely and/or maliciously accused of spamming, what can I do?."

Of course, i can explain the large increase in output, every month we send a newsletter to people who suscribe to the newsletter...
...And are you following best practices for newsletters and mailing lists? Please see the link labeled "Am I running mailing lists responsibly? Updated!" in the same SpamCop FAQ to which I referred, above.

Yes, every spam reported to spamcop generates a report to the owner of the IP address in question. In this case, those reports are going to abuse[at]pandora.be and postmaster[at]pandora.be. Most responsible ISPs will forward those complaints on to the sender so that they can be reviewed and dealt with.

If spamcop users are reporting your newsletter, and you have proof that they actually subscribed to that newsletter, you can email that information to the deputies and they will take action against that person anywhere from banning them from reporting temporarily or permanently to a fine.

Usually the following is sufficient proof that the user requested the newsletter:

Date & Time subscribe

IP address subscribed from

URL of site where user subscribed

A copy of the confirmation email sent to the user requiring that they confirm their email address.

This is usually something along the lines of:

To confirm your email address click on the unique link provided

and then includes a link with some kind of validation code so you know for sure that the subscriber does legitimately have access to the email address they listed.

A copy of the confirmation email sent to the user requiring that they confirm their email address.

This is usually something along the lines of:

To confirm your email address click on the unique link provided

and then includes a link with some kind of validation code so you know for sure that the subscriber does legitimately have access to the email address they listed.

Don't hold your breath then Will! ;)

Our site Gameloop.be has a huge problem, we're apparently blocked by spamcop...

Every mail sent is coming back to us : for example : (reason: 554 Mail from 195.130.154.49 refused, see RBL server bl.spamcop.net)

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mrouterin.brutele.be.:

<<< 554 Mail from 195.130.154.49 refused, see RBL server bl.spamcop.net

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Who is blocking you? Server Admins who are using the spamcop blocklist. You are not completely blocked because not every server admin uses the spamcop blocklist.

The reports are just that reports. I received this email and I didn't ask for it. The source (the admin of the server where you send your email out) receives those reports. He should be able to tell whether the reporter(s) made a mistake or whether you are sending email to people who have not asked for it. He can contact both the reporter and the spamcop official administration to protest the report. He should have already contacted you to get your confirmation information. If you don't have confirmation information, you need to start using confirmed subscription.

People do make mistakes. A while back there was a mailing list where people actually paid for a subscription and still reported it. Usually, however there are not enough mistakes made to put an IP address on the blocklist.

Miss Betsy

Archived