Ongoing stripping of attachments

.doc (word) and .xls (excel). When I send an attachment it's usually just 1 file. If I have to send multiple files I usually zip them.

Please attempt to send one of those files to the address in my sig.

Just to recap... You hit the browse button, select the file and click OK to add it to the form then hit the attach button to attach it to the message before sending.

You will then see the following information at the bottom of the message:

1. FILENAME.xls (application/vnd.ms-excel) Size: 26.50 KB

Disposition: Attachment Inline

Description:

Delete?

Total Attachments Size: 26.50 KB

I sent the file with my spamcop account and it failed. I sent it with my school account and it worked. I really need to get this resolved. If you want I will setup my computer(s) for remote desktop. I can give you a screen shot of my webmail saying file.blah is attached.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Mike

I sent the file with my spamcop account and it failed. I sent it with my school account and it worked. I really need to get this resolved. If you want I will setup my computer(s) for remote desktop. I can give you a screen shot of my webmail saying file.blah is attached.

Let me know what you want to do.

I just logged in with the same credentials provided earlier. Sent a test e-mail with a Word (Office 97) composed document named Test.doc ... this time to StevenUnderwood, CC: to mkennedy02 and myself. Copy with attachment was seen in the sent-mail folder, I received my copy with attachment intact ..... I'm stuck once again in that it works for me ... ???

While looking at the contents of the sent-mail folder, I only looked at the Subject line and size columns ... it doesn't appear that the attachments were actually attached .. again, just based on the file size showing for what seemed to be the e-mails you're talking about sending with attachments. Comparing things like that 2-line Word document that I sent which pumped up the e-mail to over 19k ... whereas the last e-mail sent to StevenUnderwood was only 648 bits/bytes/whatever (as I recall) ....

• 2 weeks later...
I just logged in with the same credentials provided earlier. Sent a test e-mail with a Word (Office 97) composed document named Test.doc ... this time to StevenUnderwood, CC: to mkennedy02 and myself. Copy with attachment was seen in the sent-mail folder, I received my copy with attachment intact ..... I'm stuck once again in that it works for me ... ???

While looking at the contents of the sent-mail folder, I only looked at the Subject line and size columns ... it doesn't appear that the attachments were actually attached .. again, just based on the file size showing for what seemed to be the e-mails you're talking about sending with attachments. Comparing things like that 2-line Word document that I sent which pumped up the e-mail to over 19k ... whereas the last e-mail sent to StevenUnderwood was only 648 bits/bytes/whatever (as I recall) ....

For the last week my email has been working fine. I don't know what is different, but I have been using the same method of attaching files and sending email for years. If it starts happening again I will let you know.

For the last week my email has been working fine. I don't know what is different, but I have been using the same method of attaching files and sending email for years. If it starts happening again I will let you know.

Thanks for the follow-up .. sorry I couldn't duplicate the issue ...

• 2 weeks later...
It's happening again. I sent 4 word documents and 2 pictures to myself over the last few days and they stripped. This is becoming a real pain in the ass.
...In that case, I would strongly suggest that you contact JT, the administrator of the SpamCop e-mail service. Contact information is available in the SpamCop FAQ (see link so labeled near top of page) post labeled "How can I contact a SpamCop representative?" and then look for a link labeled "Email service support" on the "How can I contact a SpamCop representative?" page.

...Good luck!

Archived