My Mails are blocked

gilbert

I need advise regarding my email problem. I set up my exchange server and tested it by sending emails to yahoo and other domain and it was received by the concerned receipient except for one domain. i also tried sending emails using their provider as their domain but unfortunately, i was blocked. please see return mail notification i got.

I appreciate all help i can have. Thank you

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test mail

Sent: 8/2/2006 12:02 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

lorenzo[at]xxxxxx.com on 8/2/2006 12:03 PM

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mail.xxxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <gilbert[at]xxxxx.com>>

Final-Recipient: rfc822;rlorenzo[at]xxxx.net.id

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <gilbert[at]xxxx.com>\nIt appears that the DNS operator for xxxxx.com\nhas installed an invalid MX record with an IP address\ninstead of a domain name on the right hand side.\nSender verify failed' (delivery attempts: 0)

Reporting-MTA: dns; ip1.xxx.net.id

The following message to <rlorenzo[at]cbn.net.id> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <gilbert[at]xxxxxxx.com>\nIt appears that the DNS operator for trubarabia.com\nhas installed an invalid MX record with an IP address\ninstead of a domain name on the right hand side.\nSender verify failed'

This has nothing to do with the SpamCopDNSBL ..... moving to the Geek/Tech Things > Software Issues Forum Section ......

The error messages seem to tell you where to start 'fixing' things. However, as you chose to mung the critical data, no idea how you expect anyone else to jump right on it ...????

Repeat of the same data from another source; http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...=trubarabia.com

ERROR: You have one or more MX record(s) that contain an IP address. This is not valid. A fully RFC-compliant mailserver will not be able to send you mail (although some mail servers will, due to the TCP/IP functions that they use). The problem MX records are: 212.62.106.156.

ERROR: The IP of one or more of your mail server(s) have no reverse DNS (PTR) entries (if you see "Timeout" below, it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). RFC1912 2.1 says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry. You can double-check using the 'Reverse DNS Lookup' tool at the DNSstuff site (it contacts your servers in real time; the reverse DNS lookups in the DNS report use our local caching DNS server). The problem MX records are:

156.106.62.212.in-addr.arpa [No reverse DNS entry (rcode: 3 ancount: 0)

ERROR: One or more of your nameservers reports that it is an open DNS server. This usually means that anyone in the world can query it for domains it is not authoritative for (it is possible that the DNS server advertises that it does recursive lookups when it does not, but that shouldn't happen). This can cause an excessive load on your DNS server. Also, it is strongly discouraged to have a DNS server be both authoritative for your domain and be recursive (even if it is not open), due to the potential for cache poisoning (with no recursion, there is no cache, and it is impossible to poison it). Also, the bad guys could use your DNS server as part of an attack, by forging their IP address. Problem record(s) are:

Server 72.41.223.250 reports that it will do recursive lookups.

Server 72.41.191.250 reports that it will do recursive lookups.

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server. Note that this one test may use a cached DNS record.

212.62.106.156 claims to be host mail.trubarabia.com [but that host is at 71.18.113.155 (may be cached), not 212.62.106.156].

I don't see an easy way to make much sense out of the following data;

whois -h whois.ripe.net 212.62.106.156 ...

inetnum: 212.62.96.0 - 212.62.127.255

org: ORG-ICCL2-RIPE

netname: SA-ICC-990831

descr: International Computer Company, Ltd.

descr: PROVIDER Local Registry

organisation: ORG-ICCL2-RIPE

org-name: International Computer Company, Ltd.

org-type: LIR

address: International Computer Company, Ltd.

Khaled Bin Waleed St.

P.O.Box 11830,

Jeddah 21463,

Saudi Arabia

08/03/06 02:11:07 IP block 71.18.113.155

Trying 71.18.113.155 at ARIN

Trying 71.18.113 at ARIN

OrgName: Hosting-Network GmbH

OrgID: HOSTI-3

Address: 247 Mitch Lane

City: Hopkinsville

StateProv: KY

PostalCode: 42240

NetRange: 71.18.0.0 - 71.18.255.255

CIDR: 71.18.0.0/16

NetName: HOSTING-NETWORK

NetHandle: NET-71-18-0-0-1

Parent: NET-71-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Allocation

NameServer: NS1.OPENTRANSFER.COM

NameServer: NS2.OPENTRANSFER.COM

Comment:

RegDate: 2006-02-21

Updated: 2006-05-17

RTechHandle: FSA10-ARIN

RTechName: SAID, FATHI

RTechPhone: +43 699 13266 000

RTechEmail: fathi[at]ecommerce.com

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE875-ARIN

OrgAbuseName: Abuse Contact

OrgAbusePhone: +(270) 707-2040

OrgAbuseEmail: abuse[at]ecommerce.com

OrgTechHandle: HNI1-ARIN

OrgTechName: Hosting Network IPADMIN

OrgTechPhone: +1-270-707-2040

OrgTechEmail: ipadmin[at]ecommerce.com

can anyone please help me how to know if my mail server is blocked by spam cop. my ip address is 212.62.106.158.

appreciate all the help

Moderator Edit: ... once again, an issue raised against the SpamCopDNSBL, yet there is no connection to the BL and the e-mail problems .... this the following discussion was merged into the original Topic Starter as it turns out to be the same IP address, the same issue, etc ....

Yet another PM sent on the move/merge of this last bit of discourse ...

Unfortunately 212.62.106.158 is not the IP address of your mail server, it is the IP address of your personal computer.

Send an email to your self and then look at the full headers. You will find the IP address of your mail server there.

I perfer to use http://www.senderbase.org/ to check if an address is listed as it provides a lot of other useful information as well.

Also see the following FAQ entry: SpamCop Blocking List - Am I listed?

Parsing input: 212.62.106.158

host 212.62.106.158 (getting name) no name

No recent reports, no history available

Topic moved from > SpamCop Reporting Help to SpamCop Blocklist Help

... my ip address is 212.62.106.158. ...
http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=212.62.106.158
212.62.106.158 not listed in bl.spamcop.net
Maybe a paying member could check the history but senderbase says "not on any blacklists". - http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...=212.62.106.158

[crossed with dbiel's post - ignore mine]

Unfortunately 212.62.106.158 is not the IP address of your mail server, it is the IP address of your personal computer.

Send an email to your self and then look at the full headers. You will find the IP address of your mail server there.

I perfer to use http://www.senderbase.org/ to check if an address is listed as it provides a lot of other useful information as well.

Also see the following FAQ entry: SpamCop Blocking List - Am I listed?

Parsing input: 212.62.106.158

No recent reports, no history available

Topic moved from > SpamCop Reporting Help to SpamCop Blocklist Help

i have checked my domain name using DNS checker and seeing there is the IP address of my mail server as 212.62.106.158 whick i gave to my provider. my domain name is trubarabia.com.

my concern also is i was sending emails from almost all email server and/or domain and it was successfully received by the concerned receipient. unfortunately, when i was sending email to trubagroup.com and CBN.net.id domain there are return mail notification. please see below as referrence.

from trubagroup.com:

xxxxx[at]trubagroup.com on 8/6/2006 11:13 AM

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mail.trubarabia.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <gilbert[at]trubarabia.com>>

from CBN.net.id

The following message to <xxxx[at]cbn.net.id> was undeliverable.

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <gilbert[at]trubarabia.com>\nIt appears that the DNS operator for trubarabia.com\nhas installed an invalid MX record with an IP address\ninstead of a domain name on the right hand side.\nSender verify failed'

i will really appreciate all the help i can get

Okay, I think Wazoo has aleady commented on this in another topic.

From http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...om&type=ALL

trubarabia.com. MX IN 86400 212.62.106.158. [Preference = 6] appears to be registered incorrectly, leading to (amongst other things) the msg quoted

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <gilbert[at]trubarabia.com>\nIt appears that the DNS operator for trubarabia.com\nhas installed an invalid MX record with an IP address\ninstead of a domain name on the right hand side.\nSender verify failed'

and as also indicated under http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...=trubarabia.com (the red panels). What we need is tech advice from a network/server admin, which I am not. Anyone?

Please note that DNS records are worthless when wanting to find the IP address of a mail server being used to send mail. The key is what mail server have you told your email client to use when sending mail and what specific server was used to send the mail. This can only be found in the header of the email in question and can vary for message to message.

Okay, I think Wazoo has aleady commented on this in another topic.

From http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?na...om&type=ALL

trubarabia.com. MX IN 86400 212.62.106.158. [Preference = 6] appears to be registered incorrectly, leading to (amongst other things) the msg quoted and as also indicated under http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...=trubarabia.com (the red panels). What we need is tech advice from a network/server admin, which I am not. Anyone?

I tried opening the link this came out

WARNING: You are using a web proxy that is currently being abused by malware. Please go here for more details. The web proxy IP is 62.3.32.54.

also, if there's problem with my MX records and my domain registration, i should not be able to send to any mails through different domains.

thank you

also, if there's problem with my MX records and my domain registration, i should not be able to send to any mails through different domains.

That is not true. Only a fully RFC-compliant mailserver (or one that has not over-ridded the settings) will have trouble. Any one of the following four things will cause your mail to be rejected by some mail servers. Their servers, their rules.

From: http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...=trubarabia.com

FAIL MX is host name, not IP ERROR: You have one or more MX record(s) that contain an IP address. This is not valid. A fully RFC-compliant mailserver will not be able to send you mail (although some mail servers will, due to the TCP/IP functions that they use). The problem MX records are:

and

FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: The IP of one or more of your mail server(s) have no reverse DNS (PTR) entries (if you see "Timeout" below, it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). RFC1912 2.1 says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry. You can double-check using the 'Reverse DNS Lookup' tool at the DNSstuff site (it contacts your servers in real time; the reverse DNS lookups in the DNS report use our local caching DNS server). The problem MX records are:

158.106.62.212.in-addr.arpa [No reverse DNS entry (rcode: 3 ancount: 0) (check it)]

and

WARN Mail server host name in greeting WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server. Note that this one test may use a cached DNS record.

212.62.106.158 claims to be host mail.trubarabia.com [but that host is at 71.18.113.155 (may be cached), not 212.62.106.158].

and

WARN SPF record Your domain does not have an SPF record. This means that spammers can easily send out E-mail that looks like it came from your domain, which can make your domain look bad (if the recipient thinks you really sent it), and can cost you money (when people complain to you, rather than the spammer). You may want to add an SPF record ASAP, as 01 Oct 2004 was the target date for domains to have SPF records in place (Hotmail, for example, started checking SPF records on 01 Oct 2004).

PM sent to advise of my last Move/Merge;

Subject: Your last post

As it is seen as a continuation of the previous, no action seems to have been taken to resolve those issues .... one moderator moved your last post and the following discussion from the Reporting Help forum section to the Blocking List Help forum, as that was the question you asked. As the then ensuing discussion even included a reference to the provious Topic/discussion, I merged this last set of posts into the original.

Archived