mailing list multiple REs Block? How to unset?

Every time I send multiple, we more that 2 actually, REs to a nailing list at the same time Spamcop bounces them back to me. Whatever for!?

How do I reset whatever has gone b*gg*r up and start talking to my friends again ;-)

Barbara

You will need to provide much more information before anyone wil be able to help you. First off, I am going to make some assumptions and spelling corrections and reword your post with those assumptions. Please tell me if I am wrong anywhere because it will make a large difference in the answer you will get. Also, a copy of the actual bounce message you are getting would (if it is complete) be helpful.

Every time I send multiple (more than 2) replies to an unnamed mailing list at the same time, I get a bounce claiming SpamCop blocked them. Whatever for?

If you can send each message individually without error, spamcop is not actually involved. The error message may be pointing to spamcop in error.

If one or two of the addresses cause the bounce, then it is possible your server is listed in spamcop. We will need to know the IP address of the server to help any further. The complete error message should include that information.

Also, this message will be moved shortly somewhere else since this is not an instruction (FAQ) on how to use this forum software which is the area you posted it in. I don't want this to sound mean, but how did you choose this forum to make your post. A lot of people make their first post here and we have never been able to figure out why. How did you happen upon this specific forum?

You chose to post in a Forum section set aside for How to instructions and tutorials ....

SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > How to use .... > SpamCop Forum

How to use .... Subforums

you chose the section titled and defined as ...

SpamCop Forum

Functions and settings of this application, at this location

There is nothing in your post that seems to relate to this Forum section.

One could make the assumption that you would seem to possibly be talking about an issue with the SpamCopDNSBL, but .... that's only a guess at this point. This will be moved to the Blocking List Help section .. the alternate choice would be the Lounge area due to the lack of specific data.

Every time I send multiple, we more that 2 actually, REs to a nailing list at the same time Spamcop bounces them back to me. Whatever for!?

Please explain "multiple REs"

Please explain / define "nailing list"

SpamCop.net does not touch your e-mail unless you're sending it to a SpamCop.net e-mail account holder, and one of those accounts rejecting an e-mail is not the normal event.

If the receiving ISP has configured the "rejection" code correctly, you should have received a reference to a SpamCopDNSBL web page which would show the status on the IP address of the server involved in the sending of your e-mail. Noting that configuring an e-mail server to use the SpamCopDNSBL in a blocking fashion is against the recommendations from SpamCop.net .... However, you provided absolutely no data for anyone here to work with ....

How do I reset whatever has gone b*gg*r up and start talking to my friends again ;-)

Unless you are the administrato of the e-mail server in question, it's doutful that there's much you can do directly, other than taking it up with that ISP .... but again, with no data to work with, there's no way to identify who you would need to talk to ....

Please start with providing data .... hitting the SpamCop FAQ here ... read some other Topics that already cover the same ground to see how those were handled ....

Spamcop does not send them back to you. The ISP of your friend sends them back. The ISP may be using the spamcop blocklist to block spam from coming to his customers. That does not mean that your 'mailing list' is spam. That means that you are sharing an IP address with someone who is sending spam. They probably do not know they are sending spam since most spam is coming from computers that have been infected with a trojan. This trojan sends spam without the computer owner knowing about it.

If you can send one email to that address and it does not come back, then the ISP is not using the spamcop blocklist, but is blocking for another reason and using the spamcop blocklist for all the reject messages.

You need to give us the bounce message, particularly the long number xxx.xx.xxx.xx

If you read the Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, then you will understand what is happening faster.

If you want to reset whatever has gone wrong, talk to your ISP.

Miss Betsy

Archived