Beta Test Outgoing SMTP AUTH

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **

** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:22:20 +1100

from c60.cesmail.net [216.154.195.49]

----- Transcript of session follows -----

Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours

Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

I will assume your sparsely commented message is indicating messages are not being delivered. I just tested it and my message was delivered within seconds.

There are lots of reasons for delivery delay, often related to the receiving side. We know the sending side is attempting the delivery.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will assume your sparsely commented message is indicating messages are not being delivered. I just tested it and my message was delivered within seconds.

There are lots of reasons for delivery delay, often related to the receiving side. We know the sending side is attempting the delivery.

Thought it may of been our email!!! But you are right after re-Reading bounce

Seems OK now

Supports my argument about NEVER accepting an email address an ISP dumps on you if you consider email important. A SpamCop email address is the only email addres you ill ever need

First, all the caveats:

<snip>

- Outgoing service is not to be used for high volumes. Please don't put your whole office on it, send to your 1000-user mailing list, etc. It's a privilege, not a right. Any abuse will result in your access being cut off instantly with no warnings.

I hate to get picky.. but could I get some clarification on this....

Sometime is 1Q2007, I would like to do a mailing 20 sets of 19-23 people,

I have previously been doing this via my SMTPAUTH server of my ISP.

1) Is 20 sets of 20-25 people considered "High volumes".

2) Most of the people I send to will fall into on of two categories

- Large Fortune 500 corporations using Exchange or Lotus Notes

- State Governments using the same.

I have been doing this for 6 years another way.. but the 'reputation' of my outbound mailer is caused my problems a few of the years... Some people abused the SMTPAUTH and made it bad for all!

I would say that 400 messages all at once is probably pretty high volume. On the other hand, if you are just sending to 20 people at a time, and don't do all the groups on a single day, then I doubt that would be considered high-volume

Unfortunately they all have to go out in one night. I send out invites for a seminar, and everyone needs to ahve the same shot at it... It's free we only do these 2-3 times a year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it's BETA and test.... But it appears to be down, at least for me as of 11:36AM US Eastern... for SMTP on port 587 was working last night as of 9:41PM...

Is it just me?

It's been SO flawless... I have to remember my ISP 'backdoor' SMTP server name now....

I know it's BETA and test.... But it appears to be down, at least for me as of 11:36AM US Eastern... for SMTP on port 587 was working last night as of 9:41PM...

Is it just me?

It's been SO flawless... I have to remember my ISP 'backdoor' SMTP server name now....

I am not at home so can not test it fully but the server seems to be responding to my manual test.

telnet smtp.cesmail.net 587

220 relay.cesmail.net ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)

ehlo underwood.spamcop.net

250-relay.cesmail.net

250-PIPELINING

250-SIZE 10240000

250-VRFY

250-ETRN

250-STARTTLS

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

250-8BITMIME

250 DSN

If we get others with problems, I would then suggest amn email be sent off to JT.

I am also having problems, outlook error message "Your email server rejected your login"

Who / what is JT, please?

He is the owner/admin of the spamcop.net email service. His email address is: support[at]spamcop.net

Try to keep the message short and to the point (he is very busy). I usually also point to the forum entry if he needs more details.

He is the owner/admin of the spamcop.net email service. His email address is: support[at]spamcop.net

Try to keep the message short and to the point (he is very busy). I usually also point to the forum entry if he needs more details.

All OK now - thanks to all concerned

• 2 weeks later...

For the last month or so I've been running getting my mail through spamcop using Outlook 2002 with the following settings:

(POP3) pop.spamcop.net port 995 SSL Security ON

(SMTP) smtp.cesmail.net port 587 SSL Security ON

This has been working great - until today. Now I am getting the following error:

Task 'SpamCop - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I tried again and got this error:

Task 'SpamCop - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80004005) : 'The operation failed.'

Both errors occurred at 5:15-5:18 PM Eastern USA Time, 01/28/2007.

Edited by Xar

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Checking before I go upstream ....

My main system fried .... many issues on that of itself, but not germane ...

Trying to fire up other systems, have been running into 'mission impossible' .. made a few comments elsewhere that met with "no problems seen" by other folks ...

My failures came from OE6 running under Win-XP Pro & Home editions, and Apple Mail under OS-X 10.2.xxx ....

tried again on yet another recently repaired laptop ... (OE6 under Win-98SE)

where I'm at .. trying to use port 587 has been a total failure, focusing on the various "security' settings ...

Was getting "certificate" doesn't match warnings ....

For giggles, dropped the port 587 call back to the defailt port 25 ... damned outgoing e-mail went out ....

Went back to one of the XP systems, changed that to use port 25 ... that e-mail that's been hanging around in the OutBox for a while just got sent ....

So, here's the question .. is it just me? <g>

I'd like the SSL connection, but .. as it works .. the real issue would be for the folks that do in fact have port 25 blocked by their ISP ....

Checking before I go upstream ....

So, here's the question .. is it just me? <g>

I'd like the SSL connection, but .. as it works .. the real issue would be for the folks that do in fact have port 25 blocked by their ISP ....

Port 587 works for me, but it is NOT SSL, which is likely your issue.