Beta Test New Webmail

Just now, on Firefox, the new webmail logs me in, then shows my wife's held mail folder. It says there are no messages in it, which is wrong. When I select held mail from the dropdown, it shows the two messages in there.

This actually sounds like a cookie issue ...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My results are the same as David's. There are additional DB settings that you do not have access to that might be corrupt, which is why you should contact JT. You can actually do that by hitting the Problem! button in the Beta. You should probably refer him here for the background.

If you are forwarding messages and wanting the full source, all you need to do (as David mentions) is select the messages to forward from the message list and click "Forward". The result is there are attachments for each message containing the full source of those messages. This is how I submit spam to spamcop for full reporting. It looks like this will work for the application you mention above. They say they don't need the full headers, but including them does not seem to hurt.

BTW, your step 2. Click "Show all headers" is only a visual thing to show the current message. None of your following steps seem to be affected affected by that step.

I have now tried your suggestion of forwarding straight from the message list and it seems to work well! Thanks for the hint!

The popup window opens and displays correctly; the address book works properly and the message is forwarded with no apparent problems.

However, I still can't understand why the forwarding shouldn't work correctly from within the opened message itself. After all, it did in the old version.

Anyway, for the next few days, I'll try to use the beta version instead of the old version for all my normal work and let you know if anything else comes up.

Thanks everyone, for all your help.

Best regards

Chris Souter

(Sydney, Australia)

However, I still can't understand why the forwarding shouldn't

work correctly from within the opened message itself. After all,

it did in the old version.

Please hit the Problem! button along the top tof the Beta webmail page and describe your symptoms. That is what it is there for. It is possible you are not the only person who will have this problem, just the only one currently trying the Beta with the problem.

Thanks, guys, for all the comments and help here. I've just switched over the mail webmail links to the new system. Please don't use the beta test URLs any more. Just use the regular webmail.spamcop.net and you'll be using the new system.

I've confirmed that the Held Mail button at the top of the page works again.

I'm actually going to close this thread. I'm going to open a new thread. I'd like to basically start over on comments. Assume at this point that I don't know of any problems. If you see problems using the webmail.spamcop.net URL, please put those in the new thread.

JT

Archived