Blocking My Mail

mms_crazy

:angry:

I really hate this especially at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night when I can not contact my ISP to solve this crap

I am not a spammer

I feel this is an infringement on my rights to hold my mail captive by people who have no rights to do so To proclaim themselves Spamcops

I have dealt with you once before and bascially you said well your ISP did not answer us so we block

I can not do anything about this

This craps!

I plan to express my distaste for your business to anyone and everyone that will listen

I really hate this especially at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night when I can not contact my ISP to solve this crap

I can certainly sympathize with your frustration. Why do these things always happen at inconvenient times?

However, you can open a hotmail account in order to get your message to your friend (or business) until you can contact your ISP.

I have dealt with you once before and bascially you said well your ISP did not answer us so we block

I don't believe that is quite the message you got. People get spam; they report through SpamCop because SpamCop has a software program that determines the correct place to complain; the ISP gets a SpamCop report and then determines what to do about it. Some ISP's do something immediately so that others do not receive spam; some ISP's ignore the reports because they like the money they get from the spammers. So after a couple of reports, that IP address goes on the spamcop blocklist which is used by other ISP's to stop their customers from getting spam.

It does stop email from other people who are using that same IP address. Your frined's ISP is using it to protect your friend from spam. If you asked your friend to stop using the scbl, he would not only get your email but several spam also. If you sent your friend a package by an offline carrier and the carrier insisted on delivering several dirty, greasy packages crawling with bugs, you would be horrified and you would complain to the carrier or get another carrier to deliver your package. It is no different with email. *You are the person who is responsible for choosing a reliable email carrier.*

Blocklists have worked so well that usually it is not a spammer that really is signed up with your ISP. Usually, the spammer has sent a virus that has converted someone's computer into a spam sending machine. Some ISP's are better than others about tracking those down and helping the people to fix them.

Some people are not able to change their ISP's for one reason or another, but then there are web based email services (the most familiar are hotmail and yahoo, but there are others). So there are things you *can* do. You can complain; you can use another email. No one else but the sending end can do anything about controlling spam. Those people who are competent and responsible do take care of the spam problem. You might read the pinned FAQ on the cost of spam.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=660

Miss Betsy

:angry:

I really hate getting spam from listed IPs. If you're sharing an IP with a spammer then I reallly don't want email from you either.

I am not a spammer

No one said you were.

I feel this is an infringement on my rights to hold my mail captive by people who have no rights to do so To proclaim themselves Spamcops

You don't have a "right" to access other people's inboxes if they choose to use a service that blocks certain emails.

Please cite a verifiable reference backing up this claim.

This craps!

Sure you can, just use any mail service that isn't currently allowing spammers to abuse others from their network and your emails will be delivered.

I plan to express my distaste for your business to anyone and everyone that will listen

Be sure to tell the the truth and not the half-baked truth you're trying to spout in this forum.

Archived